22: Another One? (Yookyung POV)

~ ~ ~

It felt like a few days in this hell hole of a dungeon already. Naeun and I must had looked terrible by now. We had not taken any decent food since our capture (or control in Naeun's case). Additionally, we smelled like a sewer pipe...gross.

Our only source of water was from the dripping walls. Seeing that Naeun was facing more trauma than I was at the moment, I always let her drink more than I did. It might not be a lot, but at least we were hydrated.

Well, the guards did give us food: bread. At least the people here had SOME concience.

Today, somehow, there was an air of uncertainty. For some reason, Naeun and I were dreading something much worse than the situation that we were in.

"Yookyung," Naeun faced me. "You still don't know why we are being targeted?"

"Aniyo..." I replied. "I already want to get out. Appa is going to find out about my disappearance!"

Appa and omma were vey protective of me recently.  It might have been because they did not want anymore rumours to spread about reasons why I left Apink. But after today, surely there was more to that.

"When we escape, I should-" I spoke.

But then Naeun and I were interrupted by the sound of heavy footsteps entering the corridor outside our cell. It reverbarated across the length of the corridor, further adding to the fear and anxiety.

However our fears soon turned into bewilderment when we heard Chorong unnie's pleas for help. We were a little cautious, especially becuase she was supposedly drugged. She could be putting up an act...something she's really pro at.

"STOP! Let me go!" she was screaming.

As expected, she was right outside our cell under the iron grip of the guards. Then like a ragged doll, she was literally tossed into the cell to join us.

"Madam K's orders Chorong to be jailed with you," the guards spoke in my direction.

As soon as they left, Naeun and I went up to her side. We had mixed feelings at that instant. Sure, we were mad that she tried to control us together with Madam K., but then we also pitied her state. She was after all Apink's leader.

"Unnie! Gwenchana? Are you still drugged?" Nauen fired our questions.

"Mollayo..." Chorong breathed heavily.

Before I could ask anything else, Madam K's deathly voice boomed through the jail cell.

"Chorong ssi is with you guys because, like Naeun, she figured out my identity," she spoke commandingly. "Don't worry, I will make sure she doesn't hurt you all, especially Yookyung."

Naeun and Chorong went silent. What exactly did they find out?

"Ah, Yookyung, so innocent like your unnies and dongsaengs," Madam K. continued.

"What is it you want from us?" I finally asked her directly.

"My bad. I really want to tell you face to face. But I have already given away too much information to your fellow friends. So, I won't tell you," she sneered meanacingly.

Information?

"Although...I personally feel you should not know," Madam K. changed her mind again.

She did not speak to us after that.

"Unnie, you should drink some water...your throat sound really parched..." Naeun carried Chorong to the dripping water.

"Ne Ne...I guess a little would work," Chorong coughed.