13: Recalling (Jinyoung POV)

~ ~ ~

"J-J-Jinyoung..." Yookyung looked at me with confusion.

"I should have been more rational, and less abrupt and rude to such a nice person like you," I apologised to her.

It really feels weird, but I felt that I had a lot of unfinished business from my past. All that suddenly flooded back into me, leaving me in regret for the last few days. Well, there are still loose ends here and there, but I have enough to know a few truths.

I had been reminded of my actions towards Yookyung 4 years ago. I 'rejected' her then. All because I was unconfortable of being in a serious relationship. Pabo. Man, I had to stop labelling myself like that.

"Jinyoung..." Yookyung suddenly broke my train of thought.

"Yes Kyungie?" I asked her sweetly, using her pet name that I had not uttered in 4 years.

From the looks of it, she still doesn't believe that I was changing for the better. And I actually meant it, at least after the last few days. If only I could thank Hayoung for that...but unfortunately, she doesn't even know me now.

Yookyung suddenly asked me, "Jinyoung, are you ok today? You are acting...different..."

"No, Kyungie. I'm fine. I...just..."

How was I going to tell her what happened after sending Hayoung to hospital that day?

(Flashback)

 After looking at the family photo, I remained silent for the rest of the day. Yookyung was literally running the whole show as she stayed by Hayoung's side all the way. Since it was hard to make contact with Hayoung's parents, Yookyung contacted the other Apink members (whose numbers she fortunately still had).

I did not want to raise the suspicions of Apink so I stayed away from Yookyung and Hayoung for the time being. If any of them found out that I tried to kidnap even Yookyung and left Hayoung defenceless, I guarantee that I will be punished severely. I headed to a coffee shop near the hospital entrance and waited.

Soon after, the other Apink members were running into the hospital one at a time, each showing faces filled with worry and concern. I think one of them, perhaps it was Naeun, was wiping away tears.

Wait...how was I able to recognise a member of Apink immediately. I don't even read my document anymore and I only met the members just once...

Chorong was the last to enter. She was putting up a serious expression. She turned her head around and our eyes met. All she did was just give me a blank look before disappearing into the hospital.

I immediately felt guilty after a while. I should have protected Hayoung when I could...

Yookyung suddenly popped into my head. Just thinking about her then reminded me of her getting rejected by me. That just made me more upset. I had no choice then. Madam K did say that I should only get close to a girl for useful information only. Other than that, I should not date her.

But Kyungie was one who seemed to take care of me the most. She was practically my only friend back in school and I was sad whenever I saw her with other boys. I used to believe she didn't actually like me that way, and that there were better partners than me, an undercover assassin.

After she kissed me that day, I kind of lost it. I misunderstood her. Or maybe it was because I was following Madam K's rules.

After 4 years, maybe she still likes me...

Even so, when I did return to headquarters, I did not speak to anyone and went straight to my room.

That evening, I had dreams. Oddly, they were all about Hayoung...her debut at Apink, her performances, her thoughts about finding her twin, and her parents. I did not understand why...until the puzzle pieces fit together.

Hayoung's memories were with me! Which also meant...

(Flashback End)

Those details from that evening were etched in my memory.

"Can I call you Youngie again..." Yookyung stammered.

Truthfully, I missed being called that.

"Anytime Kyungie~" I tried to be as cute as I could.

I watched as Yookyung's tears slowly streamed down her face. Then she ran up to me and hugged me tightly.

"Is this really the old Youngie I'm staring at?!" she voiced out emotionally.

I nodded. I really missed Yookyung's presence after all those years. Kyungie was always going to be my best friend...and perhaps girlfriend...

I don't know what made me do it, but I leant forward and lightly kissed Yookyung's forhead. She got slightly taken aback my gesture.

I knelt down immediately and asked, "Kyungie, let our story from 4 years ago have a happy end. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Cupping her hands over her mouth, she muffled a 'yes'. With that, I smiled for the first time in 4 years.

Yookyung told me she was going to check up on Hayoung. Just as well, I had to see her. Along the way, I explained to Yookyung my dream. She was equally surprised about it too. Actually, that was just the start. There was more to my plans too.

Eventually, when we reached the Apink dorm, I knew the Apink members were going to go mad at me. Of course Yookyung went first.

"Oh, yaedeul ah! Yookyung is here!" I heard Bomi's bubbly voice. It was followed by a few squeals from the other members, except Hayoung.

But as soon as Bomi saw me, her expression darkened.

"Yah! What are you doing here you monster! After hurting our maknae again, you still have the gall to visit?!" Bomi snapped.

"What? That Jinyoung idiot is here as well?" Eunji asked rather rudely.

Naeun and Namjoo just gave me extremely frosty looks. Right, I guess I'm really not welcome here.

"Noonas, if I am really being such a pain, I guess there's no point in me staying then..." I spoke as calmly as I could.

"Wait. Don't go yet," I heard Chorong's voice.

Does she actually trust me?

"Yaedeul ah, perhaps Jinyoung really has a reason to be here..." Chorong explained. "Right Yookyung?"

Yookyung, who jumped at the mentioning of her name, nodded quickly.

"Let us see Hayoung first," Yookyung told the Apink members.

Everyone followed us into Hayoung's room. From this point on, I knew this was the only way for Hayoung to get what she needed most.

~ ~ ~

A/N: Next chapter, Hayoung's POV! Will she really find out and get her memory back?!

Loveline has started as well between Jinyoung and Yookyung. I guess it fits well. Now, let's wait for a return to Apink for Yookyung in this fanfic.

I did say I'm on hiatus, but I thought I would leave this for all of you to read, vote and comment. I'm sure you all will like it.