24: My Bond (Jinyoung POV)

~ ~ ~

"Jinyoung ah," Namjoo asked me after we left down the fork, "are you sure letting Bomi and Hayoung go off like that is safe?"

Truthfully, I was really frightened and scared for my twin. Having just met her recently and then having to be separated from her almost immediately? Hell, who wouldn't be concerned?

"It's what Hayoung wants," I lied. "But I guess we all have reasons to be concerned as well."

We travelled further down the dark and dank underground tunnels. These were the tunnels the other assassins and I used to crawl in for trainning. These days, Madam K. has renovated the fortress to be able to simulate more modern day simulations of assassinations and we only use the tunnels as shelters from the authorities.

What Madam K. doesn't know is that these tunnels do lead to the prison. I happened to stumble upon that revelation when I was cleaning up the tunnels when I was younger. That's why we were heading there to save Chorong and Naeun noonas.

Eunji and I took turns to clear the way. Eunji had the speed and stamina while I had the strength. Namjoo was our cover. She could sense any problems in the surroundings and mask our presence with imitations of animal sound, so anyone would think we were just pests living in these tunnels.

After some windings and twists, the familiar, reinforced walls signalled a gradual nearing to the prison. Our goal was nearing...

But then we heard a sudden cry: "DOWAJUSEYO!"

"It's Naeun's voice!" Eunji noted.

"Andwe..." I went speechless.

However, I finally got back to my senses and sped up. Whatever was happening to Chorong and Naeun, I did not want to imagine it.

The moment I saw a huge boulder in front of us, I knew the prison was on the other side of it. But...the problem was that the boulder was way to heavy to be moved. Otteokae?

 "Jinyoung, need some help?" Eunji volunteered.

Not hesitating, Eunji and I shoved the heavy stone aside. Namjoo reminded us to be careful just in case we caused a commotion.

Daylight suddenly filled the dankness of the passageway. Staring in front of us was...the prison. We had made it! But there was another twist...

"Stop!" I halted Eunji and Namjoo. "Someone started a fire here!"

"MWO?!" they asked shocked.

It was the truth. The air was really hot and the heat more intense than ever. Not to mention there was a huge blaze to our right. But more immediate problems, struggling in the confinement of their jail cell, were Naeun and Chorong.

"UNNIE!" Namjoo rushed forward to try and break down the cell door.

Their response, however, was barely audible. Was it because there were flames? Or were they really unable to speak? That said, who started the fire?

Pabo, think later. Act now!

"Namjoo! Step aside! I'm going to shoot the lock!" I cried. Fortunately, she heard me.

One bullet from my shotgun and the door opened. Eunji and Namjoo rushed into the cell to lift up their unconcious members. Namjoo took care of Chorong while Eunji took care of Naeun. Not wanting to spend another minute in the flames, all of us ran back into the underground passageway. I knew what I had to do next.

We kept running until we reached the fork in the road that Hayoung and Bomi used.

"It's dangerous for you four to follow," I instructed Eunji and Namjoo. "Chorong and Naeun need to recover, so you two should stay with them for company and safety."