21: The Weakness (Jinyoung POV)

~ ~ ~

Merely moments after the door opened up, I didn't need to think twice. The glass of water Hayoung passed me definitely meant that I had to make whoever was knocking on the door drink it. Whatever that would result, I was about to find out.

Immediately, I pinned him to the wall and drowned all the water into his mouth forcefully. Seconds later, he fainted with a loud thump.

Finally, I got a good look at his face. Right, he definitely looked familiar.

"DONE! He's fainted," I announced, "But Hayoung...how did you know?"

Hayoung turned to me and I was shocked to see that the remaining Apink members had fainted too! Seemed like she had complete control of the entire situation.

It was the person on the ground that caught my eye. He was just too recognisable...

"Taemin oppa?" Hayoung spoke with a tinge of shock in her voice.

Ah right! He was SHINee's Taemin! Jae's biggest fan. I guess he was here to meet Naeun...who was already long gone. But the way he was acting...did Jae really accidentally drug him?

"Jinyoung," Hayoung nudged me. "You wanted to know how I knew what to do?"

"Ne," I nodded. "I mean, your common sense is really daebak if I say so myself."

"No, that's just because I'm not a pabo, unlike you~" my twin smirked.

"Yah! How can you act like this right now?!" I whined.

"Admit it, I'm smarter!" Hayoung did a merong face at me.

"Admit it, I am better at self-defence," I retorted.

"Singing!"

"Speed!"

"Dancing!"

"Precision and Accuracy!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

Both of us were still as playful and mischevious as ever. My, would we ever grow up?

"Ok, seriously now, what was your intuition?" I asked Hayoung.

"That drug is controlled right? By some remote or something right? So the drug is hard-wired into the remote controls. You know how water spoils some electrical circuits and connections? If we made the drugged individuals drink lots of water, the connection to Madam K. ceases because of electrical connectivity failure and loss, and thus the drug won't work," Hayoung said the expected.

Even though Madam K. did not tell me that, I sort of figured it out myself. It took me a year, yes, but I never dared point out that weakness to Madam K. Now, I guess it was the right choice.

"You'd know they're drugged if the person has not been drinking water for a while...as in they only drink once a day and only a small amount of it," I stated. "Was that the case for them?"

Bomi, Eunji and Namjoo noonas were all lying semi-concious on the floor, their faces wet after Hayoung doused and drowned them in water.

"It's weird..." Hayoung observed. "I know they said they did not touch the 'drugged' food that Taemin brought for us, but they could be lying to us..."

"Well, right now we also presume that Taemin hyung has eaten some of the food too," I pointed out.

"Ne Ne," Hayoung agreed. "I think the unnies were lying to me..."

"But Hayoung, I think they didn't want you to worry for them. You've, I mean we've gone through so much these last few days. Let's just understand them," I reassured her.