26: Proper Introductions (Yookyung & Hayoung POV)

~ ~ ~

(Yookyung POV)

(~1 month later~)

It has been around a month since my return to Apink and life has more or less returned back to normal. I was back living with the unnies and dongsaengs of Apink and soon, I'll start promoting, singing and dancing with them again. It was a pity I came after they had done preparations for their new album, 'Pink Blossom'. The songs sounded very nice, especially 'Mr. Chu'.

ACUBE finally let me take up the dancer role in Apink (originally I was a vocal). Together with Bomi unnie, we will now work together and prepare for our next appearance on screen for the summer.

When Apink goes to perform at music shows, I quite rightly stay back in the dorm and watch the performances from there. Pink pandas don't know about my return just yet, but I intend to make a surprise appearance on our last performance, most likely at Show Champion.

As for appa, he totally respected my decision to return to Apink. Sure, he still held his grudge, but since the company allowed me to return, he decided to give them another chance.

"Make sure you fight to keep your position with Apink this time," I remembered his words the day I was to return to the dorm.

Fortunately, our hectic experience at Madam K's headqaurters was only kept between the members. So our parents and fans didn't know about it. Whether we wanted to reveal our experience there was up to us.

Anyway, I was now back at the dorm today with our Maknae Hayoung. She had become a lot better after being discharged from hospital. Well, I say a lot, but not entirely. She's still kept asking about her twin (and my boyfriend) Jinyoung. Nothing has been heard about him since the raid at Madam K's headquarters.

In truth, there were two things that I knew that are still lingering at the back of my head.

(Flashback)

While the members and I waited at the fork for Jinyoung to return, I was still frozen in shock. So much had happened in the space of just one hour. I leant against the jagged rock wall that we were enclosed in and began to ponder.

First, I came face to face with Madam K., and did not suspect anything until she tried to hint that we had some relation... Then she who remained secretive, revealed her name to be Hong Sookyung, supposedly my sister.

I had taken a long time to register the very fact that she was my sister, because growing up as an only child, it was hard to accept that kind of reality. I mean...was whatever she said true? And how come my parents never told me about her?

My thoughts then were interrupted by a returning Jinyoung, who was carrying a collapsed Hayoung on his back. Hayoung certainly did not feel well...

"Omo! Maknae! What happened?" Chorong unnie was rushing forward to help.

"She collapsed, perhaps due to all the things that were happening in front of her eyes," Jinyoung explained. "But that aside, Madam K. is dead!"

"JINJA?!" we all shouted with joy.

We decided to leave the scene as soon as possible just in case some other unlikely scene, like a bomb, were to occur. Soon, we were back out into daylight after travelling through a network of dirt tunnels.

It must have been amazing that our 'commotion' (if you want to call it), did not attract any attention. Maybe because the headquarters was so secluded. But a more immediate emergency: Hayoung needs to get to the hospital fast.