Change in Views

The smell of burning chicken filled my nose as I heard my mother scream in surprise, but I paid no attention. The only thing that was on my mind was _____ and her desperate plea when she was taken away by the men in black. Her sweat plastered hair on her face. A slight dab of snot oozing out of her nose when she cried for help. And, oh, her eyes. Her eyes, with their own voice hysterically screaming for aid, but I offered none.

Two days later, I sat at the light brown mahogany table, staring holes into it. Back slumped and head hung, eyes probably dry and body urging me to blink. I did when I was jerked back to reality by my cell phone ringing loudly. The sound left a ring in my ear when I answered it.

"Jin here." I stated calmly.

"Jinny-Pei!" My girlfriend whined. I internally groaned. What did she want now? "You were supposed to meet me in front the of university twenty minutes ago!" I heard a jingling in the background, immediately telling me she was pouting and jumping on the spot.

Oh how bad of a mistake I made when I made her my girlfriend.

"Baby, I'm coming." I growled before hanging up and dragging myself to the front.

"Be safe, honey!" Mom called from the kitchen. I scoffed, knowing her, I should be the one saying that.

"Don't burn the house down," I called back and left for the car.

Fifteen minutes later, I spotted my girlfriend sitting at the water fountain in front of U of BC. (University of British Columbia). She was texting on her phone when I arrived and greeted her.

"Hi, babe." I smiled and proceeded to put a hand around her. "I was caught up with business."

"Whatever, just don't do it again." She still hadn't looked up to acknowledge my presence.

I noticed she begin to smile when I heard a bell ringing. It must have been her message from someone.

"Who are you texting?" I asked, leaning over her shoulder.

"Nobody." She took the phone away, but not before I noticed the profile of "NEW BAE"

"Are you cheating on me?" I eyed her suspiciously.

"Babe, it's not-"

"That's what the all say!" I swiped the phone from her and read the conversation."

'Sup'

'Going to be with you soon <3'

'Where are you?'

'At the university'

'pick u up'

'after I deal with him'

'Ur breaking up?'

'Yes to be with u'

I turned to look at her, and she gave me a defiant look.

"You can't break up with me." I stated. I hardened my face to match her to defiant, rebellious one.

"Why's that?"

"I'm breaking up with you first!" I spat angrily and moved to leave.

With every step I took, I was expecting a 'wait', but it never came. Just like the time when I called to _____ when she left me at the bench. Now I understood what ____felt. Betrayal. Hurt.

God, why did I like that insolent idiot? I ran my hand through my smooth hair. She was beautiful, smart, and kind, but now I knew that this b**** was a fraud. I bet she only wanted me for my money.