6.

“Holy shit.” I whispered.

Zayn turned around. His eyes widened. He hung up the phone.

He didn’t want me to hear that.

“Phoebe?” he asked.

“Um.. hi.” I innocently smiled.

He was silent for a minute.

“What did you.. what did you hear...?” he finally spoke.

Should I say nothing? Or tell him what I heard?

I shook my head but said,

“Uh.. you found ‘the girl’ ?”

I put air quotes around the words.

He looked panicked. He was searching for the words but nothing was coming out.

“Was that Rick?” I decided to ask.

“What?” Now he was confused.

“On the phone.. the person you were talking to.. was it Rick?”

He realized what I was asking.

“No! no! I wouldn’t, I didn’t..”

We were interrupted by my phone ringing. Harry.

I held one finger up, signaling one second to Zayn.

“Yeah?”

“WHERE ARE YOU?” harry boomed through the phone.

“Im still on our floor, relax.”

“What do you mean still on the floor? Why aren’t you in the room or down here?”

“Harry. It’s fine. I’m fine.”

“I’m coming up.”

“No- no don’t -” I was cut off by the call ending. I sighed.

Zayn was staring at me when I looked back to him.

I shot him a look signaling, what.

He shook his head.

“Nothing.” he smiled.

I brushed it off.

“Um.. So if it wasn’t Rick.. Who were you talking to? I mean, I’m assuming you were referring to me.” I chuckled.

“Oh, yeah. It was my friend.” He replied plainly.

“Why were you telling your friend about me?”

“Because he’s only been obsessed with you for the past 4 years.” I hear Harry say from behind me. I turned around and my eyes meet his. He opens his arms, offering me to stand between them. I accept, and walk over.

I turn around in Harry’s grasp so I could still see Zayn.

“What?” I ask both of them.

Harry starts to speak, but I decided I wanted to hear Zayn’s answer, so I shushed him.

I nodded at Zayn, awaiting his answer.

“I uh, yeah.”

“What does that mean?” I questioned. “Earlier it seemed like you didn’t know who I was until I was leaving?”

Harry squeezed my hands that were in his to get my attention.

I looked up at him expectantly.

“Zayn’s the guy that replaced me.”

“Oh.” Now I remember. “That’s right! Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” I asked Harry.

“I just realized it.”

Zayn cleared his throat.

I looked to him.

“What does he mean you’ve been obsessed with me?” I asked him.

“I’ve uh.. I just thought you were pretty.” He then looked to the ground “I didn’t know you were with him.”

Harry scoffed from behind me.

Zayn did know I was with him. I could tell from the way Harry reacted.

“Tell her what else you’ve done.” Harry urged.

“I’ve just been trying to find you is all.”

“Is that why you’re here? In San Francisco? Did you know who Harry was? Is that why you bumped into him in the lobby?” I asked.

He’s fucking weird if he came all the way here to find me.

He sighed.

“Yeah.”

Wow.

“Why?” was all I asked. “You’ve only ever met me once! Why have you wanted to find me so bad?”

He started to speak, I cut him off.

“And if you worked for Rick then you knew Harry wasn’t with me for a year, why didn’t you find me then?”

None of this added up.

“I saw you a lot. I made sure I saw you as often as I could. Rick wouldn’t let me talk to you, said it would screw up his whole plan. When I found out you were coming here--”

“-- How did you find that out?” I was worried if he knew then Rick would, too.

“Um.. Harry told someone and he told me.”

“Who told you?”

“Niall.”

I looked at Harry. Pissed. We weren’t supposed to tell anyone we were coming here. Especially not someone who worked for Rick. Especially not someone with as big of a mouth as Niall fucking Horan.

Zayn noticed my mood change.

“Niall’s trying to help you guys. He only told me because he thought it would be best to have someone else here to watch over you. Make sure you were safe. He knew I wouldn’t say no.. for um.. obvious reasons. I don’t even work for Rick anymore. I quit a few weeks ago.” he explained.

That made me feel a little better about Zayn. The whole situation in general, really.

I was still mad at Harry for telling Niall without letting me know though. And Niall didn’t need to send a god damned babysitter to watch after us! We can take care of ourselves!

I grabbed Harry’s hand and started to pull him down the hall.

“Thanks!” I yelled back to Zayn.

__

Once we were back in the room I started yelling at Harry about the whole Niall situation. Eventually he got me calmed down and explained everything.

I was irritated. But I understood.

Harry stripped down to his boxers, me to my bra and panties.

We got ready to go to sleep, and Harry walked over to get into bed.

I grabbed my phone and brought it with me to the bed.

I got under the covers and went to check my texts.

ONE NEW MESSAGE *

I clicked on it.

Where did you two run off to?

I checked the sender.

Rick.

(author's note: kind of in the middle length wise.. but i think this cleared up a few things. ZAYN'S NOT A BAD GUY YAY. but he likes Phoebe? is that going to cause problems with Harry? and yay! Niall! alright. i hope you guys enjoyed. please remember to VOTE and COMMENT. thanks everyone! xoxo)