10.

Harry

“How the hell is this a ‘shit mall’?” Phoebe asks while still gawking at the place.

Her arms were loaded down with at least 5 bags and we just started shopping.

“How many more times are you going to ask me that?” I chuckle.

“Sorry, this is just probably the nicest mall I’ve ever been in. I don’t understand how you could think it’s bad.”

She looked up at me.

I smiled at her.

Phoebe and I weren’t really used to big living, we easily could be, but she wouldn’t have it. I knew she would love the mall, as it’s not like any one she’s ever been in, but this idiot ruined the entire day for me. Liam, was his fucking stupid ass name. He was such a prick. He was shit, making the mall seem like shit for me, too.

{ Flashback }

I walked into the jewelry store, very nervous. I had to pick out just the right thing for her. Couldn’t be something too flashy, or something that seemed too cheap. It had to be the one. 

I was greeted by the girl at the front counter.

“How can I help you?” She beamed.

Why does everyone have to be so god damn perky all the time?

“Uhm, I was looking for something for my, uh, girlfriend.” Why the fuck can I not form a coherent sentence.

“Oh okay, Liam is at the back counter. He can help you.” She smiled and gestured to the back of the store.

I walked back and Liam started asking me all of these questions so fast that I barely had enough time to comprehend what he was saying and answer him. He asked if this was for someone special.

“Yeah, obviously.” I answered quite rudely.

As he was explaining the difference between some of the items, I took the time to examine him.

He was a broad guy, seemed too tough to be working in a jewelry store.

He wasn’t terrible looking, but his hair stood up in a way I couldn’t stand. Something about him seemed familiar, but I just couldn’t pin point it.

His brown eyes were staring at me when I came back to the conversation.

“What?” I snapped at him.

“I asked you if you wanted something expensive or not?”

“I don’t know, Yeah. Yeah, I do. Something she’ll love.”

He picked out a really great piece that I knew Pheebs would love.

“What’s her name?” He questioned.

“Phoebe.” I smiled, while looking down at the object Liam had just packaged up for me.

“Nice name.” He grinned.

Okay?

“Yeah, it suits her.”

“Can I see a picture of her?”

“Uh, yeah I guess.”

I took out the picture of her I always kept in my wallet. It’s always been my favorite.

“Yes! That’s her!” He shouted.

“What?”

What the fuck.