Chapter 1

Hi! I'm Meridith and I'm 15. I have been in South High School for about 3 years, but probably no one ever noticed me. I'm quiet, but not in front of my best friend, Nikki.

I woke up feeling like I wanted to burn the house. I should never stay late again, not if this is how I'm going to wake up the day after. I can hear my mom's footsteps and then a knock on my door.

"Honey! You're going to be late for school! Wake up so you don't miss the bus, I'm not driving you to school again." She said as she opened my door. I moaned and murmured "whatever" as I made my way to the bathroom. I looked at the mirror and felt like it was going to break from my ugliness. I jumped in the shower and tried to hurry, but I obviously failed at it. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair (aka: ripped my hair out of my sculp).

"Meridith! The bus arrived! Get your butt downstairs this instant!" I heard my mom yell at the top of her lungs.

"Okay! I'm almost done, CHILL!" I replied. Ugh, why can't I just graduate today...?

********************

There was Nikki waiting for me at the school's gate. "Ugh! Where have you been? I've been waiting for you for ages!" she said as she hugged me. I chuckled "Go say that to the bus driver."

He's so gorgeous. Oh sorry, I meant Zayn is so gorgeous. It hurts to see him with his girlfriend, but she would never love him as much as I love him. I've been drooling over him for the past  years, and I'm still waiting for him to love me back. He thinks we're "friends" , but I don't think I would cry, cut, and LOVE a "friend"

My eyes widened as I realized that he's approaching towards me. OH MY GOD. I forgot the arguement we had last night, or the reason why I didn't get enough sleep, or no sleep at all. When he was a few inches in front of me, I looked at his lips and how beautiful they look when they curl into a smile. His ears looking adorable as they move backwards when he smiles. His amazing eyes were looking at his shoes. "I'm sorry about last night. I was just in a bad mood and you would probably need an explanation" he said innocently which caused my heart to melt. I couldn't help smiling and I nodded. "I don't need one, I want one. This friendship won't depend on your mood" I replied honestly.

"Meridith, I am so sorry. I didn't mean it. Okay, since you want to know the reason why I was sad here it is" he said as he handed me his phone. My eyebrows furrowed expressing my confusion. I looked at his phone and it was a chat between him and Paige. It looked something like this:

Zayn: Babe, you can tell me anything.

Paige: It's not like it's easy to say this.

Zayn: what is it?

Paige: I think we should be friends, Zayn.

Zayn: but, why?

Paige: I think we're not so alike anymore, and I don't deserve you. I'm sorry.

I couldn't continue reading the chat because Zayn grabbed the phone from my hand. "Oh my god, Zayn. I'm so sorry" I said in an emotional voice as I hugged him so tightly. This is what hurts me, how I'm acting as if I'm sorry for him. I'm sick of always acting like I have no feelings for him.

"Zayn, I have something to tell you"

********************

I know, I know! The chapter is too short, but don't worry! The next chapter will be longer. Hope you enjoyed!