The Skull on the Fireplace

The Tardis has appeared at a backyard of a house. Again. 'Cough, cough' "that, was horrible, I'm never going back to that planet again." 'Cough'. He looks at the house upon his eyes. It was a quaint place to live in. Swing set. 'Child's here' he thought. There was a rummaging sound coming from the inside of the house and a shout of a female woman. "Sherlock! Come down here please!" "Yes, mum!" was the response. The doctor became slightly interested in the swing set and decided to use it. He had been sitting on the swing for a while when a young boy, probably at the age of 10, exited the small two story house and entered the yard. Upon eyeing the doctor, Sherlock inquired, "Who are you? Why is that box in my backyard?" "Oh, you're the young Sherlock Holmes! You, my boy, are brilliant!" "You haven't answered my question, sir." Sherlock said in a serious manor. "Oh, sorry, I'm the Doctor and this beauty," he pats the side of the Tardis "Is called the Tardis." The Doctor said with a goofy smile on his face. “What’s a Tardis?" the young Holmes asked as if that was the craziest thing he has herd in his life so far, and it was. "Time in relative dimension in space." after a while of silence, a reply came. "Okay...” "Wait, did you actually understand what that meant?" "Of course I did." Sherlock said, earning a hug from the mad man. "Well, I'd better go. Your mother will be calling in -- “ “Sherlock, can you please come here for a minute?" Just as the doctor predicted. "Good bye Doctor" "Good bye, you brilliant boy." he said, ruffling the British boy's hair and gaining a smile on young Holmes' face. As the young detective scurried indoors, the Doctor went back in his Tardis, pressed a few buttons and pulled the lever. Time traveling once again, into the future.

He landed on a grave yard, years in the future from the same timeline as the Sherlock he has met. He was there to do a favor, he were to get a skull. Not any random skull, but a specific one. One that meant well to his friend. In another timeline, he was asked to do this because his mate was filled with regret and wanted to know his best friend even before he actually met him. He wanted to give a souvenir to another version of him. So then, he promised, and he never breaks a promise. "There it is." he said, dragging a shovel across the soil.

A few minutes have passed and the Doctor went back to the Holmes residence. And gave a 13 year old Sherlock a gift, a skull with a card. It stated, ‘This person was someone special in your life, but you have yet to meet in the future. Merry Christmas, Sherlock! – Doctor” Sherlock was at awe and at the same time, baffled.

Years later, the Doctor was alone again. He has visited most of his desired places and timelines, except one. One that he has left for quite a long time. Pressing some buttons and pulling the lever, the Tardis came to life and began to dissipate, appearing again near 221 B Baker Street. The Doctor sees Sherlock once more as he was about to go to the lab. Creating experiments and solving crimes as a consulting detective, he was in need of a flat mate. The door opened to the lab that the detective was currently in and his acquaintance came in with one of his colleges. As soon as the Detective sees him, his soon to be flat mate, he thought, “Oh doctor, that was what you meant.”