Chapter Twelve

A/N - I am so sorry it took me so long to update. I lost interest in this story but so many people were asking me for updates that I decided it wasn't fair for me to stop write this...so here you go.

Also I apologise now as this chapter will probably break your heart...

Chapter Twelve

For three days I did nothing but spend time with Nick. Well as much time as I could. He is a busy man, and the time he has for me is little. He is getting ready to take over as Beta – in a number of months' time – so he has been working crazily. He is working at nights, so that he can spend as much of the day as he can with me.

But after three days, I know that I need to go home. I love living in the little bubble with Nick that I have created. But soon that bubble needs popping. I have two other mates who I need to go home to at some point. Arturo has done nothing but ring me and text me, but Flynn is a different story. He is ignoring me, and I am ignoring him.

"Athena?" Nick calls, knocking on my door. I am still staying in one of the guest room in his Pack's communal house.

"Come in" I shout back, as I slip my phone into the pocket on my jeans. Nick walks in and smiles at me. He must sense my mood, because he raises his eyebrows inquisitively. "Hey" I sigh, as he slips his arms around me.

"Are you alright?" he asks, and I shake my head no. Before I can even say anything, the tears begin. Nick is shocked for a heavy moment, before cuddling me as tightly as possible. He whispers sweet nothings in my ear, as he runs his hands up and down my back.

"Why me?" I cry, my face buried in Nick's neck. "Why do I have to make this stupid decision? I love you, and I love Arturo and I love Flynn. No matter how much of a dick he is, I do still love him. I love you all, and I will always love you all. But I have to choose out of the three of you, and that's not far. That's not fucking fair".

"I know, baby, I know". He presses a gentle kiss to the top of my head. It didn't stop my rant.

"Why couldn't I just be one of these normal She Wolves who has one mate and meeting them is the best thing in the world? Why did that fucking Witch have to curse my fucking ancestors? Fuck her. Fuck them. Fuck everyone. I hate my fucking life".

I dissolve into a crying fit, gripping his shirt as tight as I can. I honestly don't know if can do this anymore. Maybe it would be better if I were to disappear, and I didn't choose any of them. Because I can't decide. I don't know if I will ever be able to decide.

Nick picks me up and walks over to the bed with me. He takes a seat on the bed and rests me over his lap as he soothes me. My head buries in his neck and I do nothing but cry and cling on to him. "If I could take your pain away from you then I would" Nick whispers to me, pressing a sweet kiss to the top of my head.

"I love you" I whisper back, pulling out of his neck to look into his beautiful eyes. There is a moment of silence between us, before Nick moves me off his lap and stands up. I can sense the change in his mood as he stalks back and forward for a moment. "Nick, what's wrong?" I question.

"I'm going to do something I really don't want to do...but I have to" he finally says. Turning away from me I could hear his heart beating fast and mine began to match it nervously. "I will always love you Athena, but I don't want to make this decision ever harder for you".

"What?" I panicked, jumping to my feet. Nick turns to me, and I see that silent tears are streaming down her face. "No...Nick...please don't" I hiccup as I begin to cry myself.

"I know that you have a really hard decision in front of you, and I don't want to make it harder for you when I can take myself out of the equation. I have to do this now, the longer we stay together the harder this is going to be".