Do you believe in fate? (14)

Her daily alarm woke her up and the first thing she heard was a muffled groan against the side of her head. She then felt something covering her arms and hands.

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes and realized that they had fallen asleep on the couch after a night of honest talk and a quick replay of the last part of the DVD Taeyeon complained that she had missed because of her.

Right now, Taeyeon was lying behind her with arms around her and a leg over her hip. The blanket was covering them neatly but the warmth she felt definitely didn't come from the thick fabric.

She tried to free one arm to get her phone and silence the noisy alarm but Taeyeon's hold tightened instead, making it hard for her to move.

"Need to turn off alarm," she said hoarsely.

Taeyeon huffed, removed one arm and her leg, and let Tiffany sit up.

Once she had silenced the alarm, Tiffany quickly lay back down under the blanket – shivering due to the cold – and turned around, facing Taeyeon who still had her eyes closed. She smiled when Taeyeon's arm and leg went around her again. "Wake up," she told her.

Taeyeon grimaced a bit. "Morning breath. Ugh," she grumbled and chuckled when Tiffany pinched her belly. She opened her eyes, saw Tiffany smiling and thought that she was dreaming. When Tiffany placed a soft kiss on her lips, she really wished that it was a dream and that she didn't have to wake up.

"You're right. Morning breath. Ugh," teased Tiffany who then giggled when Taeyeon frowned at her – still half awake. "You look very unattractive this morning," she said. "Morning breath, bed hair, that crust in your eyes..."

"Morning insults. Nice," Taeyeon said as she withdrew her arms to wipe her eyes and earned herself another kiss in the process.

"You know... I can insult you and kiss you every morning from now on if you'd let me," said Tiffany.

Their talk last night didn't end in agreement. Taeyeon still insisted that they shouldn't date each other while Tiffany wanted otherwise.

Both parties had listed the pros and cons of their choices but Taeyeon wasn't convinced.

"You know I'd love nothing more than that but-..."

"No one has to know," stated Tiffany quickly. "Deny and hide everything, and only meet when we're home. All we have to do is cross that corridor, Taeyeon. There's no media, employees or trainees here. No one will know."

"They always know. Trust me, there's a reason why I don't like being in the public eye. Those reporters will write anything and the paparazzi will hunt you down. It's inevitable once you're famous," argued Taeyeon. "I've told you all this last night."

"Yes, but what difference does it make even if we wait four years? We'd still have to keep it quiet since you'd still be you, with your agency and family and all that."

"True but at least you wouldn't be in the public eye that much anymore. It'd be easier to hide."

"What if I decide to continue singing? Extend my contract? Will you refuse?"

"Of course not! If you like being a singer then by all means, continue doing so."

"What will happen to us then?" asked Tiffany. She placed her hand on Taeyeon's cheek, letting her thumb brush her skin. "Does it mean that I can never have you?"

Taeyeon's hand covered Tiffany's, holding it. "I don't know."

"Can't we at least try? If it gets too hard or if you think some people are starting to suspect then we'll stop and wait until my contract ends."