Do you believe in fate? (12)

Taeyeon's father said that it was her lucky year when the drama starring her recruited actor became the surprise hit of the second half of the year.

Everything about it became a trend and endless parodies were made of memorable scenes involving the actor.

Needless to say, the OSTs also gained popularity.

Tiffany's song made it into the top 10 of the OST chart and got considerable airtime on radio and TV – even appearing in a short TV commercial. Although not many people knew who sang it, she was glad to be able to hear her voice on the radio or on TV.

At the same time, preparations for Tiffany's debut were well on their way.

Taeyeon assigned Tiffany a manager not only because Tiffany had to get used to having one, but also because Taeyeon had decided to slowly back away and set a bit of distance between them.

What Sunny once said about the danger of their relationship should the public know, and what happened on the night of Tiffany's birthday spurred her to make that decision. For Tiffany's sake, she thought.

But they would always be good friends, that much she knew.

Tiffany's debut will be marked with a single that contained two tracks: one was a ballad and the other was a medium tempo track. She would need to learn a short choreography for the medium tempo track but it wasn't really complicated, thankfully, especially compared to the choreography the other, younger, trainees had to learn.

For Tiffany's title track, Taeyeon had approached that well-known producer who once saw her record the OST. He agreed to produce her title track and even wrote said track himself.

Tiffany spent most of her time practicing. She wanted to get it perfect, not only for herself but also for Taeyeon, for everything that Taeyeon had done for her.

Although she sensed the growing distance between them, she attributed it to their activities and didn't know that Taeyeon was actually avoiding her on purpose.

Nowadays, her manager would drive her to and from the agency most of the time and she had to report all her activities to him. It took some getting used to but she adjusted to him soon enough.

Since the end of the year was approaching, Taeyeon was preparing many things for her other artists.

The senior singer would have a special concert and the other solo artist Taeyeon had recruited would launch a winter mini-album. The actors under her management were also doing well thanks to the success of that drama and offers were pouring in. She had even signed a contract to co-produce an upcoming drama starring most of the actors under her management, thanks to an extra investment boost by none other than her father.

The interactions between Taeyeon and Tiffany were now limited to text messages, meetings related to Tiffany's single and chance encounters either at the agency or at home.

Taeyeon still kept her hands-on approach though, since it was Tiffany after all. She oversaw everything from recording to choreography to costumes to music video concept to make-up and hair. When it was time for the album jacket shoot, she personally came to the studio, much to the staff's surprise.

Tiffany was getting her hair and make-up done when she caught sight of a familiar figure appearing behind her through the mirror. She smiled brightly at Taeyeon and reached out to her since she couldn't turn her head.

Taeyeon hesitated for a split second since the room was filled with staff but thought that greeting Tiffany in a friendly manner wouldn't be a big deal. So she took Tiffany's hand and nearly laughed when she felt the tight grip.