Do you believe in fate? (10)

At the next showcase, Taeyeon announced that they had divided the young trainees into teams to get them started on learning about teamwork. Whether these teams would be the final group that debut, Taeyeon said that there was no guarantee. Those who were ready to debut would do so while others might have to wait a bit longer and be dropped from their respective teams for further training.

Tiffany's steady improvement was well noted by the coaches and directors. Yet despite being happy to hear the acknowledgment, it didn't stop her from asking them to increase the intensity of her training. She felt like she owed Taeyeon so she wanted to do her best and be ready for her planned debut.

She had also begun recording a few tracks, one of which could possibly be her debut single.

Taeyeon stepped up her game by recruiting a few actors and singers like she had been planning to do then began the preparation for her solo artist's summer album.

Although she tried to maintain her routine of driving Tiffany to and from the agency, there were days when she just couldn't do so because she was still working late or because she overslept in the morning. She apologized each time but Tiffany always told her to take it easy and not worry about her too much.

Taeyeon was exhausted. She pushed herself nearly to the limit, juggling everything from auditions to closing sponsorship deals to producing tracks and overseeing concept ideas.

Tiffany kept nagging her to relax and delegate more but Taeyeon wanted everything to be perfect for the first ever album she was going to produce so she felt that she should try to do as much as possible. And because she was young, both age-wise and entertainment business-wise, she wanted the artist to feel comfortable and confident about her agency; especially since he was a senior artist who hadn't released an album in quite some time.

Seeing Taeyeon work that hard made Tiffany feel more driven and slightly guilty for refusing to debut in fall. She decided to discuss it with her parents one day when she went home for the weekend.

"It would be kinda fast but if you're just going to be singing a ballad without dancing, you might be able to do it. You still have a few months to record and practice the song, right?" said her brother.

"But what happens if it flops?" her sister-in-law asked.

Tiffany shrugged. "Then back to training I go until I'm ready to release another track."

"I think the most important question is whether you're ready mentally and emotionally," her mother wisely said. "Success or no success, you would be officially entering the business, into the public eye. Are you ready to start that kind of life?"

"Your mother's right," her father chimed in. "Are you ready for public scrutiny?"

"I know what I'm getting myself into. It's occupational hazard," said Tiffany. "Are you all ready for public scrutiny? Because it's not just my privacy that's at stake. They will dig into your lives too."

"Dig away. We have nothing to hide," her brother said. "Don't worry. Just do what you have to do. If the media begins to spread lies or create scandals about you then at least it means that you've made a name for yourself."

"That's not really encouraging." Tiffany frowned at her brother.

"Fame comes at a price. Just be prepared to pay for it."

—-

"Come in," Taeyeon said when there was a knock on her door. She turned her head and saw Tiffany walking inside her office. "Hey."