Do you believe in fate? (23)

The worst part is over :) and the story will end in a few more chaps, less than 30 in total.

—-

Tiffany's career kept rising steadily over the next year. She launched her first full album, sang more OSTs and came out as the winner on many music shows.

The past end of year award shows proved to be a huge boost thanks to the best rookie and best newcomer awards she received.

Now, not only was she appearing in TV shows, radio and magazines, she also began receiving commercial offers, establishing her career as one of the rising top singers in the country.

She became the MC of a K-pop music show and secured a permanent weekly spot at a radio show hosted by a member of the top girl group in Korea.

There were offers for her to act in dramas but she told Taeyeon that she preferred to focus on her musical career first for now.

"Then how 'bout doing a musical?" suggested Taeyeon. "It's singing and acting."

"I'll think about it."

"Won't hurt to audition though."

"Let's wait until the current promotion cycle has ended," Tiffany bargained and Taeyeon agreed.

Her schedules were always packed and thanks to the end of year rush, she had learned to survive with only a couple hours of sleep or none at all. Although she had had brushes with more overzealous fans, most of them were well mannered, protective and did their best to respect her privacy.

The question about whether she and Taeyeon were more than friends never reappeared, to their relief, partly thanks to male celebrities who began naming her as their ideal types.

Soon Tiffany was earning enough to move out of Sunny's penthouse. Originally, she wanted to upgrade her parents' house but they refused. They said that they loved that house and the neighborhood and didn't wish to adjust to a new place.

They recommended that she get her own place. It didn't have to be big, they said, just enough for her to live comfortably on her own. Plus, it was a good investment, they added in the most typical Asian parents way that made Tiffany chuckle to herself.

Tiffany agreed to the idea and started an apartment hunt but the thought of living away from Taeyeon discouraged her after only a few days of searching.

Although they didn't get to spend much time together since that night at the river, she would knock on Taeyeon's door sometimes and ask to talk to her old friend Cookie instead of President Kim, pouring her heart out regarding family or career problems that she was having.

Because despite not being able to become anything more than friends, Taeyeon remained the person Tiffany was most comfortable with and vice versa.

Moreover, the feelings never really went away. They still loved each other as proven by the writings in the Christmas and birthday cards they sent each other and the private phones they still kept.

Taeyeon called it her lifeline whereas Tiffany jokingly called it her cute yet sexy love hotline, making Taeyeon blush.

Tiffany had had men, celebrities, approach her many times but she would either refuse their date invitations politely or just turn them into friends, oppas.

Taeyeon knew of this but never said a word about it. It was disheartening to even think about Tiffany dating someone else despite knowing that it would just be a matter of time before it happened.