Do you believe in fate? (18)

Sunny spent the whole ride to the hospital trying to assure Tiffany that Taeyeon was okay.

Apparently, Taeyeon was on her way home when a drunk driver ran the red light and crashed into her car from the side.

That was all Sunny knew since she didn't exactly have enough time to talk to Taeyeon on the phone.

Tiffany tried to call Taeyeon and practically shouted in her ear, asking whether she was okay.

"I'm okay, Fany. Don't worry. Just a few cuts and bruises. Nothing severe," Taeyeon said.

Tiffany was close to tears and by the time they arrived at the hospital, Sunny had to hold her back to stop her from running to Taeyeon's room.

It was a good thing Sunny did that because when they got there, Taeyeon's room was filled with people – her family.

Sunny recognized most of them and politely greeted everyone.

Tiffany almost resented their presence because it meant that she couldn't talk freely with Taeyeon let alone come anywhere near her.

She could feel the stares she got but Sunny quickly introduced her to everyone as her and Taeyeon's mutual friend that she had asked to accompany her.

Tiffany bowed politely to the people there and meekly followed Sunny inside the room to see Taeyeon lying on the bed with bandages on her forehead, nose and chin. One of her arms was in a sling. There were faint bruises on her face and her head was resting on an ice bag and a pillow.

She nearly cried at the sight and wanted to run towards Taeyeon to hug her but kept herself under control, clenching her fists.

Their eyes met and she understood the apology Taeyeon was silently conveying. She nodded slightly, telling Taeyeon that it was okay.

"Soonkyu!"

Taeyeon's mother greeted the visitor and hugged her warmly.

"How have you been?"

"I'm good, Imo. How are you?"

"I've been better but I'm just relieved that Taetae's okay."

"Umma!" Taeyeon protested the use of her childhood nickname but her mother ignored her.

Sunny then gave Taeyeon's father a hug, greeting him politely.

"Let me guess. My stubborn daughter called you to pick her up?" he asked.

Sunny grinned cutely, unable to answer him.

"Now I know why it was the police who called and not you," Taeyeon's father said to his daughter.

"I didn't want you to worry. I'm okay," Taeyeon said.

"And who's this?" Taeyeon's mother finally saw Tiffany.

"Ah this is Tiffany, our friend," explained Sunny. "I asked her to accompany me."

Tiffany bowed politely to both parents but kept her head low, unsure how to behave.

"Aren't you the Tiffany that's going to debut next week?" asked Taeyeon's father.

"Yes, I am, Mr. Kim."

"Didn't know that you're this close with your artists, Taetae," he remarked.

"We were friends even before I recruited her," said Taeyeon dismissively. "Now can we all go home?"

"You're not going anywhere," her mother said sternly. "The doctor said that you should stay overnight just to make sure that there's no internal injuries."