32 // YOU'RE THE DEVIL WALKING

"ISIAH," I FROWNED. HE had a smirk on his face and I immediately felt bad for my reaction. "Sorry, I didn't mean that."

"No it's fine," he chuckled. "I know someone who looks exactly like me that you would have preferred to see."

"You haven't spoken to him, have you?" I checked. 

"No," he shook his head. "I tried calling him earlier, but his phone is off."

"Hmm," I sighed. 

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with him," Isiah said. 

"I want nothing to do with his stupid romantic feelings," I rose an eyebrow at him. "I still want Elijah around though. Who else will provide amusement for me?"

"Hey, do you want a dance?" He checked. I looked over at the floor and bit my lip. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"No," I said quickly. "Let's dance."

He smiled and took my hand before leading me back to the floor. He put his hands on my waist, despite the song being some stupid rap song that would have come straight out of one of Vincent's playlists, and he smiled again.

"I met up with him a few days ago," Isiah told me and started to sway a little. 

"How did it go?" I checked. 

"It was great," he shrugged. "I didn't realise how much I missed Elijah until I saw him again."

"I felt the exact same way," I admitted. 

"Yeah," Isiah chuckled. "He told me about the thing in the shower."

I gasped in horror at the memory and it only made Isiah laugh harder. 

"He also told me about the bet you two have going on," Isiah said after he'd recovered. I sighed again and he pushed me away a little for a spin. After we'd come back together, I noticed the look on his face. "Are you really over him?"

"I mean, I thought I was," I mumbled. "But now he's left again and I feel exactly the way I did the first time."

I saw his jaw tense and it confused me that he was angry at this.

"That's not how you were supposed to feel Dev," he muttered and I felt my eyes widen. 

"You fucking ass hole," I hissed and shoved his hands off of me. I wasn't about to ruin my brother's wedding, so I hurried out of the venue as quickly as I could. I could feel that Elijah was hot on my tail and all I wanted him to do was leave me alone. 

But he didn't and as soon as we were out of the town hall and in the open air, I span on my heels and slapped Elijah with all my might. However, no matter how much time had passed, I was still incredibly unable to do things and missed him completely.

"Okay," he scoffed. "I would have deserved that."

"Why?" I demanded. "Why would you do this?"

"Did you really think that Isiah would come to the wedding of his ex-girlfriend?" Elijah rose an eyebrow at me. "Come on Dev, that's pretty dumb."

"I hate you," I breathed. "You're the devil walking."

"Well, guess who won the bet," Elijah smirked.

"What do you want from me?" I demanded. "Do you want me to admit that you still have the power to completely destroy my life at the flick of your wrist? Is that what you want Elijah?!" 

"No," Elijah huffed, the smirk gone now. "I want you. You're all I've ever wanted and you know that."

"You ripped my heart out and took it with you," I informed him. "Yes, you're right. You're the only person I could see a future with. Even when I thought I was in love with Isiah, I never saw little miniature versions of us running around. I saw that with you. I saw this, a big fantastic wedding with you. I imagined buying my first house with you. Then you left and took all of those dreams with you on your crazy adventure. So yes, when you came back it felt like so had a big part of me. There you have it Elijah, you won the stupid bet."