Is It Too Soon?

Two months have gone by and I'm tired of sitting in the house and not doing anything. So I made myself some breakfast and sat on the couch for a little bit with Ace and Penny watching TV. It was a beautiful day out and I knew that I shouldn't let it go to waste, so I decided to take Ace and Penny for a walk. "Come on my sweet little angels lets go for a walk!" Ace and Penny excitedly ran towards me, I put their leashes on and head out the door. About an hour passes and Ace, Penny, and I are sitting on a bench resting for a little then all of a sudden BAM!!...I began to wake up, I feel a little dizzy my vision is a bit fuzzy.

Ace and Penny are going crazy because all these men with their shirts off start running towards me. They're all surrounding me and then one of them pushes through all of them and kneels down and helps me up. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry are you okay!?" As my vision starts to become more clear I see a very good looking man with a muscular body, dark brown hair, and big blue eyes. "Yea I'm fine I just have a little head ache. He then asked me if I wanted him to call a doctor, I told him no that I would be fine.

One of his friends yelled out "HEY!" Aren't you Carrie Underwood!?" With a smile I said "Yes I am." Then they yelled "Dude Mike you just hit Carrie Underwood with a football!" With a scared/nervous look on his face he said "Miss. Underwood, I am so sorry the sun was in my eyes and I couldn't see where my friend was." "Don't worry about it Mike, that's your name right? Mike?" "Yes that's correct, well if you're not going to let me call a doctor at least let me take you out to dinner to make up for it I feel horrible!"

I don't know if I should go out with Mike, I mean Ben and I just broke up 2 months ago... Is it too soon? Maybe I should try it... And with a smile on my face I said "Yea sure that sounds good, and don't feel horrible it was an accident." "Alright, how about tomorrow night around like 7 would that be a good time for you?" "Yea sure!" We then exchanged numbers and said goodbye. As I walked to my car I couldn't stop thinking about him and his big blue eyes and his smile!

I got home and took a shower, dried off and put my pajamas on. Then I glanced at my phone and saw that I had a text from an unknown number. "Hmmm who could that be?" Turns out it was Mike. "Hey Carrie once again I am truly sorry about what happened at the park today. I hope your head is alright, get some rest tonight! See ya tomorrow goodnight!:)" As I read the text I had a huge smile on my face. I texted back "Hey I'm feeling much better I took some medicine for the pain, so I should be fine! I'll see you tomorrow goodnight Mike!:)"