Too Weak To Fight Back

Carries P.O.V.

It has now been two weeks since we got a restraining order against Stacey. Mike and I haven't really gone out much since then. I've been so sick because of all this stress. I've been laying on the couch all day long Mike has been waiting on me hand and foot. I feel so lucky to have him in my life. I just hope I start to feel better soon. 

Mikes P.O.V. 

I had just arrived home from practice Carrie was still in the position that I had left her in. I feel so bad for her I hate to see her like this knowing that I did this to her. So I offered to go get her medicine.

Carries P.O.V. 

Mike offered to go get me medicine and I told him yeah. 15 minutes had gone by and I heard a knock on the door. Wow that was fast I thought to myself and why is he knocking he has a key? Maybe he left it? I walked up to the door opening it thinking it was Mike and what I saw brought back so many memories that I had just gotten over and didn't want to relive. It was him... Why now? After so many months why does he decide to come back now? "Well are you just going to stand there or are you going to let me in?" He said in a deep voice. I tried shutting the door but he stopped it with his foot. "Ben you need to leave now!" Pushing himself inside I knew something was wrong. Inching closer to me trying to force himself on me I could smell the alcohol on his breath, he was heavily intoxicated. "Baby please I need you, and I want you back!" "Don't call me that and I'm already taken." Pushing him towards the door I told him that he needed to leave. "No! I don't want to leave I want to stay here with you!" He said walking towards me. With each step he took I took one back. "You cant stay here I already told you!" After that I had nowhere else to move I was trapped in the corner of the room with Ben towering over me. "Ben if you don't leave right now I'm gonna-" He grabbed me by the neck blocking my airway. "You're gonna do what!?" Struggling I tried to speak but I just couldn't make out what I was trying to say. He then let go of my neck when Mike walked through the door. 

Mikes P.O.V. 

I walked in and saw Carrie with a look of fear on her face and a man whom I've never seen before. "Whats going on here!?" I say with a confused look. "Nothing man this isn't any of your business!" The man said losing his balance for a second. "This is my business she's my girlfriend!" "You've clearly been hit in the head too many times with a hockey puck because I'm her boyfriend!"  "You've clearly have had too many drinks tonight because I have been with her for the last 8 months." With a stunned look on his face he looked at Carrie and said "You're cheating on me!?" Trying to hold back my laugh I told him that he need to get going now. As soon as he left Carrie came running into my arms. "Are you okay?" I asked rubbing her head. "Yes I'm fine I'm just glad you're home." 

Carries P.O.V. 

When Mike walked through that door last night I was so relieved. He doesnt know about Ben choking me. Afraid of what he might do I'm afraid to tell him what happened. Mike had mandatory practice this morning. I was still feeling ill so I decided to lay on the couch until Mike got home from practice. I woke up to Mike standing over me with a worried look on his face. "Carrie your neck!" As he said that I tried covering it up but it was just pointless now I had to tell him. "Carrie did he do this to you!? Tell me the truth about what happened last night." I sat up and told him everything and he demanded that we go to the police station.