Chapter 27:

Chapter 27:

(Harry's POV)

"If you're the link then we need to get you back to the living, we need to bring the link back over to the normal plane." She explained wondering forwards and backwards, working it out in her head as if she was creating a master plan, but not explaining any of it to me.

"If Ophelia's involved Ellie it isn't going to be that easy, you know her magic is powerful, it killed you last time you went against her." I stated not feeling comfortable with her doing this. I hated the fact that she died and I had some part to play to it last time, I didn't want to be the reason for it to happen again.

"But it wasn't her magic that killed you was it? It was Gabrielle's. It wasn't poison that killed you, it was a spell that was made out to be the same. If I can reverse the spell, I can bring you back. The spell is bounding you here and your body can't heal because the spell is preventing it. If I bring you, the link, back to the living It will save the others." She said. She stopped and looked at me as I watched her body fade away, not very fast but her figure was becoming slowly transparent.

"If you find yourself in any danger, and I mean it Ellie." I spoke, standing up quickly to stand in front her, making sure she was listening to me.

"Leave me here." I carried on, gazing into her glowing orbs. 

"You know I can't do that." She said smiling, giving me a preview of a look she used to give me when we were together. She fully faded into the nothing leaving me with questions. Why couldn't she leave me here? Was it because of the other vampires or was it because of something else? I didn't really want to stay here but if it meant keeping her safe I would live here for eternity. I went back to the stairs and sat down looking down as I thought of more questions. Like why was she helping me in the first place? I thought she would be pissed the way I spoke to her last, I was hoping she would be angry with me, it makes her life better I guess in some weird way.

"Well the little witch followed up on the last request. I wonder if she completed it." A familiar voice called in front of me, making me raise my head to her attention to see Ophelia 10 yards away from me.

"Yeah about that, she told me to tell you she's done with your deals or something." I said standing putting my hands in my pockets.

"A deal is a deal. I will see to it she is left alone." She smirked walking towards me.

"What is your plan? What do you get out of all this?" I asked keeping my distance.

"Revenge. An eased mind. Justice. Just to name a few. Your precious darling made herself an enemy of mine and I don't do well with competition, she took me down when I rose, how is that fair?" She answered. 

"So you admit that she beat you?" I asked, the question just rolling of my tongue.

"No, because she died. Did she really win?" She asked making me shut up.

"What did you mean by if she completed it? I'm here and the vampires are all out of it, wasn't that the plan?" I said ignoring her question, pushing my hand through my hair. 

"Not exactly. I can explain the plan to you because there isn't really anything you can do about it." She said, I tried to hold down my chuckle finding it funny that she didn't know that Ellie had managed to make contact with me, she must really underestimate her. 

"Let me guess, you're under the impression that you are linked to the vampires am I correct?" She asked and I nodded in response.

"Sorry to disappoint you but that's not it. In order to make Ellie pay, I need to pin her heart and her head against herself. If she brings you back to the living, the wolves including her precious husband will live the same fate as what you have now. Granted she could un-link the vampires or wolves apart from you and that Alpha, however she can only save one of you." She explained further, the thought making my stomach sink. 

"You do realise that she's going to pick her husband over me?" I said stating the obvious. However heart breaking the truth was, Jake was the love of her life and the father of her child, she's going to pick him any day over a lousy ex-boyfriend vampire. 

"You're in for a surprise then Harold." She commented putting her hand on her hip.

"It's Harry." I corrected.

"Simon used to call you Harold, and as it hits a button with you I think i'm going to stick with it." She said immaturely. I can't believe I'm stuck with her, I'd rather be here alone.

"What did you mean before?" I asked quickly as I noticed that she had turned around to walk away from me.

"Before?" She asked turning around.

"Yeah when you just said I'm in for a surprise." I stated taking a step forward.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you now would it?" She asked, laughing at herself in the end as she walked away into the distance, away from sight eventually. I returned back to my seat, waiting for Ellie to come back with any news. I couldn't let her make that decision, not just because I wouldn't like the answer, it was because I mostly didn't want her to make one in the first place. I watched as a figure appeared what felt like 10 minutes after Ophelia left, appearing in front of me. She looked tired as if she had been working on it non stop, and as I don't know the time difference, I wouldn't be surprised if she had been making sure it was done for the rest of the day over in her plane.

"Hey, so we have managed to find the spell -" She said before I interrupted her.

"There's something I need to tell you." I stated, watching her cross her arms and take a step closer towards me.

"There's more to the spell than you know ..." I begun, not wanting to tell her but knowing that I had to.