Chapter 30:

Chapter 30:

(Ellie's POV)

I looked down at the casket of my husbands. My heart was breaking as the tears flowed down my cheeks. I felt Lucca's arm wrap around me trying to seek comfort for the death of his dad. We had a happy marriage for 27 years and now that Jake's gone, I don't know what I'm going to do.

"Mum we should go, you're going to get sick if we stand in this rain" Lucca said holding an umbrella over me. He had grown up so much so quickly that time really flew by. He was slipping through my fingers and I didn't even recognise it.

"Just five more minutes" I replied focusing on the grave. I knew that everyone had left over 2 hours ago but I couldn't leave him. Jake wasn't suppose to die, especially this early in his life, but then he became ill. I had tried spells and chants and potions but nothing worked. The cancer couldn't be stopped. What hurt most wasn't the fact that he was going to die, it was knowing when. 

"You know he's in a better place." He commented after a few moments in silence. I could feel his shuffle not knowing what to say. He was grieving and I wanted to be there for Lucca but I don't know how. I want to tell him it'll all be okay, that this will not be the end of him, but I didn't know how to. 

"I'll meet you back in the car." He carried on, handing me the umbrella before walking away. I closed my eyes tightly.  I knew I was upsetting him by reacting this way but when I saw him, I saw his dad. I turned to watch Lucca walk away to make sure he was safe, I didn't want him getting hurt, I needed to protect him. He ran over to the car and got in when I turned back around. I knelt on the wet, drenched ground overlooking the grave. My knees were getting dirty and my dress got caught on my heels but I didn't care. 

I felt like something was missing inside of me. I should be hurting so much more but there was something inside of me trying to tell me something was coming, someone even. I wasn't sure if it was good or bad, but whatever it was it was upsetting me further.

"I should have fought for you harder. You should be here. Good people don't deserve bad endings. You didn't deserve this ending." I spoke, tears flowing from my eyes down my cheeks. 

"You will always be the love of my life and nothing will change that. I will always love you." I continued. I looked up when I heard a twig in the distance break, taking me away my attention. I saw a figure standing in the rain staring in my direction, a figure I thought I knew from somewhere. I put the umbrella beside me and stood up to get a better look at the person. I noticed the silhouette was male with short brunette hair and had a good build on himself. He was wearing all black and soaked to the brim. 

"Hello?" I called out hoping to get a reaction or a response. I walked around my husbands grave towards the figure as he stood still. 

"Ellie?" He asked me from afar making me stop in my tracks. Did he know me? I could smell the vampire on him from this distance, however the scent was recognisable straight away. 

"Harry." I muttered. I continued on my travel towards him as flashbacks began to appear in my brain. How in the world had I forgotten about him? It made no sense. He must be back because of Jake's death. Harry started to walk towards me as well as my speed picked up. Without even realising how quick my feet had taken me, I stopped just before him, keeping a distance but still able to see him. 

"You remember me?" He questioned looking a little unsure of himself. 

"How did you know I would forget?" I asked. How did he know I forgot him? Did he forget about me? Was he apart of it? 

"It was the only way for you to have a happy life." He answered making me smile a little for the first time in a while. 

"I'm sorry about Jake, he was a good man." He said moving around in spot he stood. It was weird to hear such nice things from Harry after so long. 

"He was."  I commented. And then the tears came rolling down again. It hurt to know that there was no way of getting Jake back now that Harry was here. And as glad as I was that Harry was back, it still doesn't change the way I have felt for the past 2-3 decades

"Oh Ellie." He said pulling me into a hug. His cold and wet exterior was annoying but it was good to back in these arms. I hadn't realised I would have missed him that much but I had, and I didn't even know myself. 

"I'm sorry it's just-" I uttered on his chest.

"You're grieving. It's okay to be sad." He stated leaning his chin on the top of my head. 

"I'm glad you're back." I said knowing what that feeling inside me was trying to tell me.

*4 years later*

Sat on the veranda looking out over the town, I held little Eva on my lap as we watched the sun go down. She was shuffling and looking around as I looked out at the peaceful town.

"Life is a series of events and moments made up into a single life. Me and your dad have been through them all. We've lost each other many times, we've missed each other like nothing else. We've needed each other and we've had each other as well. But one thing was certain out of it all, I have loved him through everything." I said looking down at her, giving her an Eskimo kiss which made her giggle softly.  I picked her up a little and made her sit so she was facing out over the view. When Harry built the perfect house on the hill for us to be together, when he built a relationship with Lucca to make everyone happy, I realised Harry was moving the world to be with me. 

"You have the whole world at your feet honey, and you're going to be like your daddy, you're never going to give that up." I continued as I watched Harry and Lucca walk up the hill laughing at something. I felt Eva's heartbeat when she saw them approaching the house. 

"Had a good time?" I asked as Harry rushed up to Eva picking her out of my lap and into his arms holding her in the air.

"Yeah it was alright actually, i'm still not good a golf." Lucca stated leaning on the wood on the stairs of the veranda.

"But you're getting there." Harry interrupted putting Eva on his chest. He leaned down to press a kiss on my lips which made me smile as he stepped back, going into the house.

"Yeah okay." Lucca commented following in behind Harry into the house. I took a quick glance out knowing that I was having a moment. I had the thing I wanted all my life, a normal family. I had that with Jake for a brief time but it was only short. 

"You coming in?" Harry asked at the doorway making me turn around to see his smart smirk. 

"Yeah." I answered. I quickly put my lips onto his once again, placing my hands on his cheeks not wanting to ruin the moment. He pulled away and leaned our temples together.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said back before we walked into the house.