Chapter 28:

Chapter 28:

(Ellie's POV)

"You're linked with Jake?" I muttered not knowing what to say back to that. He was linked with Jake. 

"Yeah but that isn't going to be a problem. Ellie i'm not going to let you choose between us. I'll stay here, I should stay here." He stated as if this wasn't up for negotiation.

"You can't stay here." I commented trying to figure out a way of getting him back but still being able to keep Jake alive too. I need to keep Jake alive, I love him. But I can't let Harry suffer anymore because of my actions, he doesn't deserve to suffer because of me. 

"I'm immortal. I will live forever. Jake isn't. He's the one you love, he's Lucca's dad. I can live here with no one to go back to. He has something to go back to." He explained trying to make me feel better. And I knew he was right, but It didn't mean that I was okay with it. 

"I'll find a way for you to come back." I said not wanting to let Ophelia have one over me. I felt my body start to fade as flashes from the normal astral plane and the plane with Harry in floated from one to another. I suddenly felt the pull from the living bring me back, bringing me to my my knees.

"Ellie your magic is weakening every time you do this spell. You need to stop." Anna pleaded sounding worried.

"I need to go back." I stated standing up making the salt around me fit to the spell. I looked up at Anna expecting her to help me, but instead she was standing there letting me do it on my own, a worried expression wrote on her face as she spoke.

"I don't think it's a good idea. You have all the information you need, I think you should let go." She spoke. 

"No, I need to do this." I answered, still feeling the need to talk to him. 

"Are you okay? You're not acting the same. What's happening over there?" She asked kneeling down to my level. I looked away before I could answer her, I think it was because I didn't know how to answer or whether or not she would be able to hear it. 

"Look Anna, I need to do this okay. You need to let me do this." I said sounding as if I were begging. She nodded before she completed the spell, leaving me kneeling when I came back to the astral plane Harry was in. I stood and saw him sat looking down into his lap, lost in his thoughts. 

"Okay so we just need to work out a way." I said wiping the dirt of my knees making his gaze glance up at me. 

"Don't." He responded quickly. He stood up from the steps he was sat on, walking towards me.

"Don't find a way. If you ever loved me, you'll let me go." He carried on stopping when he reached a metre in front of me. He was keeping his distance, and when he keeps his distance, its because he doesn't want to hurt me. 

"What? why? where did this come from?" I asked confused. 

"When you went it got me thinking. I can wait here knowing that you will be happy, but I can't be here knowing that you won't be." He explained pushing a hand through his hair as he took a deep breath in, shoving his hands in his jacket pockets. His defence was up and I knew that when he was like this, there wouldn't be nothing that would change his mind, nothing that I found worked anyway. 

"I want you to live the life you always wanted, and because that life isn't with me, at least I will know while i'm here that you're happy. That's all I ever wanted for you. For you to be happy." He said, placing his hands on my cheeks. Pulling me in, he briefly left his kiss on my temple before pushing himself away from me, turning away to go back into the mansion.

"Harry!" I shouted as he reached the door. He didn't turn around, instead he stood listening to me, waiting for me to talk.

"I ... I don't know how to let you go. I never have. And I know I'm with Jake and he changes things for me, but that doesn't mean that I ever let you go. I could never let you go. I never wanted to. Even though everything that we went through, you would have thought I could have but I never did. However I am choosing Jake, that doesn't mean that I want too loose you." I said, explaining the feelings that I had pushed to the back of my mind since he left me in the cabin. It was hard to forget but as time went on and I found Jake, things became easier. I love Jake and I want to be with him for the rest of my life, but what I had with Harry, that can never be forgotten. I don't know why I felt the need to tell him this after all this time, but now I knew that the only time I would see him again would be because of Jake's death, I needed the clarity of it for my peace of mind. 

He turned around, his figure turning gracefully as he practically ran down the stairs. It was after all this time, the stranger that was standing in front of me was my memories built up, running towards me. I felt his hands slip around my waist, pushing my hair back lightly over my shoulder as our lips hovered over each others, our eyes taking quick glaces towards each others lips and eyes to see the others reaction. 

"Tell me a lie to make this easier." I said feeling my body begin to push itself back to the living plane as Harry took a hand and placed it on my cheek, the cold embrace making my eyes open wide as the astral planes faded together.

"I want you to let go of us." He spoke as his body and entire silhouette disappeared in nothing. I was left standing in the middle of the room, surrounded by salt, shocked by what just happened.