Chapter Twenty One - Chance

"Shot gun!" Connor shouted running to the car.

For a boy who was a couple years older than me, he didn't act very mature.

"Hey, maybe I can drop Connor off here, and we can go to the beach after you talk to your mom." Josh whispered to me.

I smiled, "That'd be nice."

He winked at me before walking at a faster pace to the car.

I didn't think of him as a celebrity any longer, I thought of him as a friend, and god, how I adored him. I walked to the back door of Josh's car and opened it, sliding onto the leather seat.

As Josh and Connor continued on with their own conversation, I was lost in my own thoughts. I wondered how me being mute for two years changed my life. It took most of my personality away. My loud wild side was in deep sea of nothing, my laughs, my smiles, all gone. Was the day I met Josh the first day in two years that I smiled? Really? That long? My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing, I didn't bother looking at the screen, "Hello." My voice beamed.

"Is this Bayleigh Luiso?" A woman asked.

"Yes, who is calling?" I asked, softly.

"It is very nice to speak with you. My name is Ellen DeGeneres, and I am calling about your book." My heart stopped for the slightest second.

All I could manage to say was, "Y-yes?" And that didn't even come out right. "Well, I was reading it, and let me just say, it seems to be very interesting, first sad, than even more sad, happy, sad, even more sad, happy. The cycle continues. I was wondering if you have ever thought about getting this published?" I was stunned at every word Ellen just said to me.

"Um, well yes, but not recently. I was so young, so I thought the chances didn't exist, but I know now that it would just be a longer process." I said, fumbling a bit.

I hadn't noticed that Josh and Connor got very quiet. "Well, since you're older now, I thought maybe we could get this published." I could hear a smile in her voice.

My jaw dropped. I didn't know what to say. My book published? This has been my biggest dream since I was eleven. But I had never thought it would actually happen. I forced myself to let me say one little word. "Sure."