Chapter Twenty Six - Reconnections

I fell asleep on the couch, I woke up to my smallest dog, Finnegan, licking my nose. "Finn, get off."

I heard Gabby laughing followed by a male's voice. Did she call Justin? I got up off the couch, walking up the stairs quietly to investigate. I opened the door slightly, peeking through the crack to see Connor and Gabby sitting on the floor, "Oh, Connor." Gabby giggled.

Then Connor's voice got serious, "So, you don't like Bayleigh and Josh together?"

What kind of question was that? I leaned closer trying to listen, "No, they would be adorable together. It really looks like Bayleigh is in love with him." Gabby said, calming herself a bit.

"Yeah, she makes my brother happy."

It was silent for a moment before Connor started to lean in, then Gabby did the same. Then their lips were touching and I couldn't help but fall back from the door. I let them kiss for a few minutes before I decided to go into the room, since my phone was in there.

I got up off the ground, opening the door and walking in. Gabby and Connor pulled away and looked at me, "Hi, Bayleigh." Connor greeted.

I nodded my head, going to the dresser, grabbing some clothes, and my phone.

I walked out of the room and into the bathroom and started the shower. I checked my phone. There was three missed calls, three different numbers, a text from Josh and a voicemail. I called the first number back, "Hi, I got a call from this number and I just wanted to know who this was." I said as a woman answered. "Bayleigh, it's Viktoria." I was surprised, but thrilled at the same time. "Oh, my gosh, hey!"

Viktoria used to be my best friend, we told eachother everything, and I missed her a lot. We talked for a bit, but the shower was steaming so I had to let her go. I got in the shower, I would call all the others back, and text Josh back.

When I got out I got dressed in a blue Black Veil Brides shirt, with black and white skinny jeans, and my black Vans. I read the text messages that Josh sent me while I was blow drying my hair. His text said, "Hey, text me when you can, we should go out today. It's suppose to be nice." After I had texted him back, he responded that he would be here in twenty minutes, so I started to straighten my hair, then I moved onto my make up, and by the time that I was done, the doorbell rang. I walked to the door and there stood Josh, "Hey."

I smiled, "Hi. Where are we going today?"

"We can go to the movies." He suggested.

"That's fine, but can we stop at the mall? I need to get some Christmas presents."

He nodded and smiled, but this smile was different than all the other smiles.