Dear Diary

"Growing up, I had this mind set; actually it was a cliché because most of my friends shared the same fantasy about the kind of guy to date and how relationships should happen. I was very choosy with the type of guy I wanted to date.
I wanted someone tall, very cute, had a good educational background, influential, someone who cares more about me, a guy who would be for me and I only.

A guy who would laugh at my silly jokes and comments, a guy who would make it a point to wish me goodnight before I fall asleep and before I wake up in the morning, he had already sent me a bunch of messages about the dreams he had about me and how his morning wouldn't be complete if he doesn't hear from me.

Aside he being my boyfriend, I would also want to have a deeper connection with him whereby I would be able to share all my secrets and speak openly with him...he should be a good listener also.

"hmmm; how I wish such guys existed"...sighed Paula👧 as she took a moment away from her diary to fantasize about her dream guy.

"honey its time for school: grab your backpack and lets go...shouted Mrs. Kern; I am late already she added undertone.

My mum is a very hardworking woman. she had done different jobs over the years; some of which took all her time and i only got to see her on weekends and even with that, unless she exchange's her shift with Aunty Bridgett;my mum's best friend at work.

It used to be just the two of us when my dad went away so I normally hang out at my best friend's house until she comes home later to pick me.
I used to be sad all the time but I knew she was working hard for us to live a comfortable life since she was the only one paying the bills and taking care of school and I really appreciated all her efforts.

It's been two years since my dad moved in with us and I am so glad my parents settled their disputes and are now together again.
I love my dad but not as much as I love my mum. After years of searching for a permanent job,my mum was able to get a job at the New York Times as a Publisher.
This was due to my dad's reference describing my mum's qualifications and dependability to one of the manager's at the firm who happens to be a close buddy of his.
At first,my mum wasn't happy about the news because she'd wanted to start working from scratch before she could be promoted due to her efforts and reliability but not because her husband recommended her.

She started off as the assistant of the Proprietor until she was promoted to be the editor in chief after three years of dedication and hard work which I thought she deserved.

I was so happy for her not solely because she had been promoted; but the fact that she was gonna be home each evening for dinner and spend quality time with us surpasses all.