"G3"

After that incident with Mike, I decided to form a "Girl's Guide Group" in short "G3" whereby I would meet with all interested participants after school to discuss some outrageous behaviors of guys and why they sometimes treat girls unfairly and also meet with some of the guys to give us their perceptions of girls in general and why they term us as "drama queens".

I thought the best way we could understand their behaviors were to seat with them and talk...ask them few questions and analyse their answers to fit into our theories.

The very first guy we met with that is three members of the "G3" ;myself, Martha and Mia was Josh. He was the same age as myself, cute and very responsible.

I've had a crush on him since fifth grade but from his behavior, I knew he wouldn't be interested in me or in any other girl.
We all thought he might be interested in guys growing up but it seemed he was kinda strict with the opposite sex as well.
I admired the fact that he wanted everything in perfection but I also grew up to believe that we all weren't born perfect, therefore I dared not to approach him about my feelings.
I just stayed in my lane.

"Growing up, what was your perceptions about relationships and dating?" Martha asked

Josh💬
"Well I saw relationships as a waste of time. I just loved being me and doing things by myself. I didn't see the need to be with any girl to complete me and moreover, girls are drama queens and very complicated.
For instance, you approach a girl and you just want to have a conversation with her but in her mind,she's already thinking you approached her because you were interested in her and all that. within seconds, she'd broadcasted you to her friends as her boyfriend;fantasizing about things which aren't true and it's very annoying" He answered.

"Would you say your perceptions towards girls and being in a relationship has changed over the years?" I asked with a smile

Josh💬
"Definitely, I am surrounded by women both at home and in school and i have learnt that not all women are drama queens. There are really interesting ones among them and I think I am ready to have my very first girlfriend." He added with a smile.

"That would be all Josh". Thank you. Mia said.
I took note of everything Josh said in my diary for future reference and for our next meeting with the other girls.

On my way home, I kept thinking about what Josh said and smiled anytime I remember the look on his face when he said he was ready to date now.

The next day at school, one of the members of "G3" Evelyn; came to the meeting very sad and depressed.
We tried our best to console her but that only made it worse as she kept crying. After a while, she began to narrate what had happened;

"😢I've had a crush on Felix since first grade but I never got the chance to tell him how i really felt but he suddenly became nice and cool with me so I thought he also felt something for me and since he couldn't approach me with it, I thought of asking him out instead.

I sent him a text yesterday about my proposal and before I got to school today, he had forwarded the text to the whole school and now every one at school thinks am a tramp. I couldn't even make it to the cafeteria to buy some snacks".
she added as she cried softly.

"We're really sorry about this Evelyn and we will definitely get him to explain to us his reasons for acting that way. I exclaimed feeling very angry.

The next person on our list today was Mike; Martha's crush...she claimed she was over him but I knew deep within her, she was still interested in him.

"So let's assume you met a cool girl...fun to be with and all that and she was also drama free but she's very demanding both in material things and sexuality. What would you do?"

Mike💬
"Well I would be okay if she demanded too much sex than material stuffs because in as much as I would love to buy her gifts, I wouldn't like her to be too demanding and moreover, some of the girls are good pretenders; they act all nice and cool when dating and after the guy had fallen deeply in love with them, they start demanding for stuffs knowing the guy would provide it no matter what so I wouldn't like to be with a girl who's too demanding materially.

"But how come you would be okay if it was just sex she was demanding and not material things...cos if you have a cool girlfriend who only does it with you and she's demanding for stuffs she thinks you can provide,why not get them for her?" Martha asked.

Mike💬
"Weeeeelllll...he murmured
I never said I wouldn't provide her needs but maybe she was demanding for stuffs I couldn't afford or way out of my league".he answered

"Well noted Mike...thanks for coming Mia said with a frown.