Runaway (Chapter 1)

I ran as fast as my legs would take me, through the dark, dense, forest with my ears up and my long black hair blowing in the wind. I couldn't let them find me. I couldnt stop running until I knew that they were gone.

I kept running until I found myself in a small clearing with beautiful flowers blooming in the sunlight overhead. I walked to the middle of it and lied down looking up at the sky. I think I'll stay here for the rest of the day and if I can find some sort of shelter I'll stay the night. I'm pretty sure I lost them anyways.

I got up and looked around until something surprised me, I found an abandoned home, but why would there be one in the middle of nowhere? I thought nothing existed outside the capitals. Not to mention, why did it look so clean?

I walked inside and made sure that it was stable enough to be in for the night. I deemed that it was and soon found myself upstairs in the master bedroom.

It was a pretty room that seems like it's been very well kept, a bit too well kept for a house in the middle of nowhere but oh well, I'd rather sleep here than on a cave floor...

I slid underneath the covers closing my eyes. At least I'll finally be able to get a good nights rest and not worry about being caught by the ones I ran from in the first place... But alas my peace was short lived as I heard the click of a gun and felt its metal barrel pressed against my temple.

"Who are you and what the fuck do you want."