CHAPTER 6

living with bucky, was quite an experience. we mostly stayed out of each other's way for the first few days. i would make some breakfast, and also make a plate for him, i would then work out then work on anything i wanted in my lab.

the forth day was much different. i woke up to the smell of coffee. as much as i hated the taste, it was the one thing that could keep me up. i went downstairs to figure out who was making coffee.

it was bucky.

"good morning." i tell him, slightly confused, i never saw bucky in the mornings.

"good morning." he says cheerily handing me a cup of Joe. "sorry i couldn't make breakfast, i was never able too." he rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"its fine bucky. have a seat, ill make eggs, bacon and toast." he nods and goes to sit down.

"so." he starts off trying to find a topic of interest. "who do you call everyday at lunch?"

i laugh at curiosity. he was like a child.

"he's my boyfriend. peter. he lives back in queen's." i tell him. "anymore questions? i wont be mad."

"how do you own this much? why aren't you at school? where are your parents?" it was rapid fired at me.

"most of money is inheritance, from my grandparents and my parents. im not a school because i graduated college when i was 14. my mom died a few days after birth and id rather not speak about my dad."

"now its your turn." it was a moment later when he said that. startled, i look up at him in question. "i believe that's how this works."

"how much do you remember?" i ask him.

"bits a pieces." he says clearing his throat. "i remember the torture and the freezing. i remember helping Steve out when he got beat up in an alleyway."

i chuckle. "i remember falling off the train."

i stop chuckling. "i remember his birthday-"

"July forth." i interrupt. he looks at me in question.

"i wont tell you how i know this, bucky. we all have our demons."

We didn't speak much after that. consumed with too much thought.

------------

after that moment, i had retreated to my workshop and worked on my suit. bucky didn't know who exactly i was, but then again, nobody did.

i wish i could tell everyone, but i knew what the consequences were.

"miss. Kent, bucky has left the house." this came from Monica a few hours after lunch. why would he leave. this was a few hours ago and i still couldn't figure out why he left. then i got an idea.

"bring up recent news articles." 

"the biggest news at the moment is that the king of wakanda died at  the accords signing from an explosion that was caused by James Buchanan Barnes. they put a hit out on him and they got him, only for him, captain america and Sam Wilson to escape."

"is this all public?" i ask her. 

"the first part is, the last isn't." she tells me.

"when did the bomb go off?"

"12 this afternoon." 

"when did bucky leave the house?"

"12:20 ma'am."

"so it couldn't have been bucky who set off the bomb."

"the evidence agrees with your conclusion."