Chapter 8: With you Im alive

Dedicated to my inspiration JustSomeSwissGirl !!

Francis and I have decided what dance style we want to do and Francis has been sketching the costumes with me for the past hour, with so many resources available we won't have any trouble winning!

We started getting close.. it's strange really, I'm meant to dislike him.. am I?

All the same our costumes were coming along nicely when a stray hand appears on my thigh, I shot a look at Francis but he seemed almost unaware he was doing it - I don't think that was the case at all - but he softly began running his hand over my thigh and it was becoming a bit of a problem for me... if you know what I mean.

I stood up abruptly;

"Francis, I'm going to get a drink. Would you like anything?"

"Get a celebratory bottle of Champagne~ we deserve it"

It's not quite what I expected him to say but it sounds alright, lucky me the ballroom bar was open and I could get a bottle easily, however since we were up in the highest tier it took me a long time to get down and an even longer time to get back up. As I made my way down the stairs I could hear muffled voices which I chose not to investigate (I'm too busy for that) and continued my adventure, however on making my way back up I saw two large shadows fun across the second tier.... rather odd if you ask me.

I returned with the champagne to Francis and he poured us both a heavy flute (champagne glass) full... unusual but I won't complain.

After an hour more planning we got side tracked talking, obviously the bubble was getting to us so it was all merry chatter about the show, Alfred, France.. all leading off into wired and wonderful tangent which made my slightly intoxicated self laugh to all ends.

I've never felt this happy, I'm so so glad I'm dancing with Francis you know? He's so lovey and wonderful and pretty... like prettier than Alice... I think?

~~

For some reason half a bottle of champagne and a few beers later I struggle to remember the plans Francis and I made, which is strange because I'm no lightweight drinker- that's for certain. But Francis and I made a large warm heap in the top tier of the ballroom looking up at the painted roof laughing and looking and strange things we could see - that clearly were not there - until a voice could be heard across the ballroom and the sound of words being muffled...

______\_\______

It's not the best but I'm incredibly busy, thanks so much to JustSomeSwissGirl for not only being an inspiration but also being my best friend and super cool- thanks my dude, catch you all later