Rehearsal

Neisha POV

I darted out of the bus right after Star, because we were going to a sound check. I'd never been able to come to Star's rehearsals. Ever. When we got to the arena where they'd be performing, I was like Woah. And I acually said woah.

"Woah."

"Neisha, don't act like you've never been into something that b- OH MY GOD, I HAVE NEVER BEEN INTO SOMETHING THAT BIG!"

I laughed. My sister was so...her.

"You're serious?"

We turned around. It was Prodigy.

"What'cha mean?" Star asked.

He smiled. "I mean, you've never ever been inside an actual arena?"

She blushed. "You weren't supposed to hear that...but no, I haven't."

"Well then," said somebody behind us. Well, behind us since we'd turned around.

We looked. It was Ray Ray, and Princeton was standing beside him. "We're gonna have to give you the tour then," he said. He grinned.

"BOO!" somebody else said. Prince jumped, and Ray Ray screamed like a little girl and ran behind Prodigy. But Prodigy was doubled over, laughing.

Star just stood there looking stupid, and Chyna had just come inside, her mouth hanging open, totally unaware of what was going on.

"Dude, chill," Roc said, laughing. "It's just me."

Ray Ray panted, his hand on his chest. "You almost gave me a heart attack," he said.

"Sorry," Roc said, now with a straight face.

"Well, let's get to work," Princeton said after a long silence.

Star and the boys went onstage. Chyna readied her camera.

"Should I take pictures?" She asked for the third time.

"Yes, Chyna, yes," Star said.

The music started, and Star did her dance. She'd be opening for the boys tonight.

Then "#1 Girl" came on, and the boys did their dance. Then I heard Jay-Z coming from somewhere, and realized it was the same source that provided the performance music.

"How in the world..." I said, wondering why Mindless Behavior would be performing this.

"Break music," Roc said. He patted my shoulder, and a warmth spread through me. The boys settled into various spots throughout the first and second rows.

Ray Ray put his feet on the back of a seat and sipped his water. He patted the spot next to him for Star.

"Hey," she said, grinning like an idiot.

He grinned just as wide. "Hey."

I rolled my eyes, and I noticed Roc was telling me to come sit next to him.

I went over, my stomach full of butterflies and my heart fluttering.