Week 1: Monday Pt. 2

I walk into work, expecting the usual at four pm on a Monday. Slow. Which it is. I go clock in and then go to my section. Surprisingly it's already set with silverware and napkins ready for people to be placed at. I stop walking and find Bash walking my way. "Did someone else have my section?" I ask him. He smiles that smile that lets me know there's a rude remark afterwards. "No. I did it," he tells me while gesturing to the tables. "Why would you do that?" I snap at him. We never get along, probably because we share the same area of the restaurant.

"Jeez Melody, that's the last time I'll try to do something nice for you," he says while rolling his eyes, but then adds a laugh at the end. I'm confused at this point on what's going on. Is he sincerely helping me or is there a catch? "I'm sorry. Thank you Sebastian," I tell him with some sincerity in it. "Okay don't go all mushy on me now," Bash comments with the smirk that usually occupies his face. I just shake my head and go over to finish the last table. "Why didn't you do this one?" I ask before he disappears around the corner. He looks at me and that smile is once again on his face. "I'm not that nice," he remarks before leaving.

I place the napkins in a huge pile on the table surface. I begin to make my way down the table and when I'm placing the last few down someone comes up beside me and offers me another. "I swear Bash stop trying to help me. I can do it. I'm going to beat you with the silverware if you keep this us," I say without turning towards the outstretched hand. "Well I'm glad I'm not Bash," the voice besides me says. Mikey.

I quickly turn around and face my boss. "Mikey I'm so sorry. That's embarrassing," I quickly confess. He puts his hands up and tells me, "It's okay Melody. I thank you for treating me like I'm your boss while at work, because I technically am. But Mel, we're great buds so don't apologize. I've heard you say worse." He smiles at me and I catch myself looking into his light blue eyes.

Always so beautiful.

"Oh yeah. Of course," is all I say before returning to the task I was performing. He walks away with a laugh before I catch sight of Bash returning, I roll my eyes at the sight of him.

The restaurant's closed, which means the worst part of the job is here for closers. Making sure it's clean and proper for tomorrow. Tonight I get to fold the napkins with the silverware inside. Violet joins me to do the job after a bit. She has her shoulder length curly black hair down today. Reminding me of the days we shared a dorm freshman year, when she would envy my curly hair.

"Mel, Bash keeps looking over here. I know he's not looking at me. With his six foot tall lanky ass. No. No. I don't think he's looking at me," she tells me. I laugh at what she's hinting at. "Yeah girl it's you," she softly says for only me to hear. "No he wouldn't be. We bicker all the time," I comment. "Please, my own ass and dumb excuse of a boyfriend bicker all the time, but hey we still love each other," Violet assures me. "Are you sure it's not, because of your ass that he stays?" I jokingly ask. We look at each other and start to laugh. "You know it," she tells me with a wink.

As I'm going to the door to leave, I tell Mikey bye and call for Derek, who I'm giving a ride home. Since Derek lives in the apartment across from Bree and I's, he sometimes catches a ride with me. "Hey Melody! Can I walk you to your car?" Bash asks while walking in my direction. "Sure?" I answer while he puts his hands in his pockets. "I just wanted to get to talk to you, that's all," he softly tells me. He's looking everywhere in this moment, but me. "I don't hate you and I don't mean to be rude to you. I just think it's fun. I hope you don't think I'm an awful person. I want to show you that I'm good. Show you the real me," he adds before taking a big breath at the end. "Okay?" I answer with uncertainty. I'm not really sure what's happening here.