The Walls

Sixty years the walls had been up for and nobody knows why, enemies arrive by air and all the mutants are already inside. Surely nothing worse could be outside them.
They stood at eighty feet tall, taller than the remains of the tallest tower, all ten of them enclosing this city cutting us off from the outside world.
Every few weeks or so we would get a new group of refugees trying to sneak past the guards claiming this is the safest place to go. Not anymore. Daniel and Terrance had taken me to a small building at the edge of Seattle, we decided to hide there for the night as we plan our escape to the outpost beyond the walls. With the fire roaring Daniel finally spoke, "So it's just us three buddy?" I silently nodded. "Whats the plan Dan?" I kept my head down and said quietly. "Well," He started and he explained how he thought we were going to get out. Daniel described what he had already mapped out in his head. We were going to gather resources over the next two days, then we follow a specific trade route and take down a couple of patrolling guards before sneaking into a trading cart and waiting for our stop, from there on we shall walk. This was only a plan, 3 weeks in the making, designed for a boy and his dog but now there was a new kid on the block and one that would help no matter what. 

A/N: sorry for the delay I hope you guys are still enjoying it and aren't bored of waiting as I know I'm useless with this sort of thing.