four

Mark texted me and had asked me to meet him tonight before he boards on the plane tomorrow morning.

I had nothing to do for the day so I decided to help my parents at the restaurant. It was almost midday when I saw Jennie, my friend entered the restaurant. [Incase you forgot who she was, she's her friend that Kiera texted with on Kakaotalk on the first chapter of the first volume of this book.]

"Hey, I didn't expect you to come here today,"I grinned at her and hugged her close.

"How are doing? What's that scar on your face?"she questioned.

"Just fell somewhere. So what do you wanna have today?"the lie on my tongue stung me. I hate lying, especially to her.

"Just get me jajangmyeon and banana milk."

I wrote down the order and gave the paper to the workers in the kitchen. Meanwhile, I took two banana milks from the refrigerator and took a seat across from Jennie.

I gave her a bottle of banana milk and the other one was for me. There weren't many customers at this time of the day but once the clock strikes midday it would be a full house.

Since there weren't much to do for now, I had decided to spend my time here with Jennie for awhile. It had been awhile since I last hung out with her.

"Thanks,"she smiled at me and took a sip from her drink.

Oh, right! I should tell her about meeting Mark yesterday. She'd be so suprised. Well, I'm more flustered because I got to meet him.

"So...,"I started but Jennie interupted me.

"Oh, right my Aunt's going to have her mariage next week. Make sure you guys come alright?"

"Huh? You mean Aunt Hani? Oh My God. That's so sudden. I didn't know he had a guy!"I squealed laughing.

"Guess who's the guy. Kim Minseok. She's so lucky."

Wait, Kim Minseok the actor?! Omo I have always loved his dramas and I was finally going to meet him at Aunt Hani's wedding?! Wow, this is exciting.

Jennie must've seen the shock on my face because she said to me," Yeah, Kim Minseok the actor."

"Jajangmyeon is here!"my mother grinned at us and served the jajangmyeon on the table in front of Jennie.

"Wow, thanks auntie. It looks good."

My mother walked away and Jennie started eating, "This is so good, it's been long since I ate your mother's korean food."

"Glad you like it," I smiled. "Hey, and guess what? I met Mark Tuan last night, personally,"I grinned and smile so widely that my cheeks hurt. I hadn't realised that I squealed because the customers then were staring at me.

Meanwhile, Jennie chocked on her food. "What the fck are you saying. You really met him yesterday?"

I nodded at her, still smiling widely.

"So the person who hit you up on Instagram was really him? Omg. But I thought they were about to have a comeback, how did he ended up in Korea?"

"His company let him meet his parents before their comeback but sadly he needs to go back to Korea tomorrow morning,"I said and took a deep breath. At least I'll get to see him again tonight.

--

"Ready to go?"Mark asked as I stepped out of my house.

"Yes,"I smiled. "Where are we going though?"

"Somewhere nice, I hope you like these kind of places."

I looked at him in question and we walked our way, side by side to the said place.

We arrived at a clear field where it was deserted, it was quiet and probably no one was there.

The moonlight was glinting on us and the stars were tinkling, it was such a beautiful sight.

We sat on the ground and stared at the stars above us.

"So you're finally going to back to Korea tomorrow morning,"I said smiling. He was concentrating on what I was saying and was staring at me but his expression was happy. I was nervous indeed but continued to talk, "I don't know if I'm gonna meet you again but good luck for your comeback!"

He smiled, "Thank you, Kiera."

We were observing our surrounding, leaves were blown by the wind, birds chirping, the breeze was tranquil, it was calm.

Mark then laid on the ground and offered me to lay beside him. I did and we could watch the stars better. The ground was cold but it was just right. Just in a snap of a finger, all my uncertainty was gone, replaced by happiness and assurance. It was as if the world was no longer of my concern.

"Ah, the weather is so nice today,"I said, grateful.

"I know, I wish I could stay in LA for a little longer,"his voice became sober.

"What time are you leaving tomorrow?"I asked.

"At 9 in the morning. The other members were complaining at me for still being in LA today. They were throwing a fit because they only got a 2 day holiday while I got 3,"he told me and laughed. It was the most favourable thing ever. His laugh was one of the things I had fallen for as a fan, but now, I was falling for him even more.

"It's quite fair you know, I mean LA is very far from Korea and you don't get to meet your family often because of the distance."

"Yeah, how about you? When are you going to Korea?"

"Probably at the end of the year. I miss my grandmother and the food there,"I honestly said.

"I know she'll be doing fine and I hope you can meet her soon. And maybe we can meet when you're in Korea someday."

He's asking to meet me again. I am not really sure what we are. He said we're friends but we just met. And he already seemed to know a lot about me and I like the way he talks. When I ask him things, he doesn't just answer and let his words hang but continued to talk about his life and also asked about me in return. I like how we are talking casually and how he was willing to tell me a peek about his life as an idol.

I observed everything I could see in the night sky. I wanted to enjoy this moment because we might not have a chance to experience this again. I told myself not to think about anything else and savour this moment. I was lying on the ground with Mark by my side and we were lying under the same sky. Nothing matters more than this.

We stared at the stars and constellations for another short while until it was finally time to leave.

We arrived at a conjuction and no one was there.

"Well, I guess it's goodbye for now,"I mumbled and exhaled.

"Yeah, I guess I'll see you in Korea?"he questioned grinning.

"In December,"I pointed out and we laughed together.

It was silent again and awkward.

"I better get going now,"he started.

"Good luck again for your comeback and have a safe flight,"I greeted again for the last time.

He gave me a small wave and I returned him with another. I watched him leave, his back, facing me, slowly fading away.

I turned around and walked in the opposite direction from his. I was happy. I was glad. I was grateful but sad. I wasn't even sure if I'll go to Korea again this year but I hoped I will.

Maybe we were apart for now but I believed in his words.

We will surely meet again, Kiera.

//

Note : Her parents' restaurant is a Korean-American restaurant.

More updates next week!

P.S. Happy Birthday Wooshin of Up10tion!♡

27/10/16, Thursday