Chapter 22: Disney

The next day after school, I was interrogated by the girls as soon as I walked into the choir room. Brittany walked in and they all fell silent.

"It's okay," she said, her voice as peppy as ever. "Sam called me last night and he told me everything. We're good and same goes with us."

"You sure?" I asked. She nodded.

"Worse has been forgiven inside these walls," she said, making an outward gesture to the choir room.

"You look really in love, girl," Kitty teased.

"No, no, no," I said, "do not use that word."

"Love?" asked Marley.

"It's not a bad word," Tina told me.

I sighed. There was only one way these girls ever understood anything. Through song.

If there's a prize for rotten judgment
I guess, I've already won that
No man is worth the aggravation
That's ancient history, been there, done that

Just as I'd imagined, the girls immediately jumped in and sang the next part together.

Who do you think you're kiddin'?
He's the earth and heaven to you
Try to keep it hidden

And I went along with it, belting in the background as the band played too. The girls kept singing:

Honey, we can see right through you
Girl, you can't conceal it
We know how you feel and
Who you're thinking of?

And I was actually starting to enjoy myself:

As I danced around towards the piano: No chance, no way, I won't say it, no, no.

The girls followed me and sang: You swoon, you sigh. Why deny it, uh oh?

I sang my next line and worked my way through the second verse without interruptions. The girls picked up the next part as the Muses did in Hercules and it was fun. Unique took the one line sung by just one of the muses and on my last line I flopped down on my usual chair.

At least out loud I won't say I'm in love.

As the guys started walking in carrying sets of boxes, the girls sang: Shalalalalala ahhh...

Mr. Schue immediately got things started. "Alright, has anyone else made a decision on a character since yesterday?" he asked.

"I've decided to be Hercules," Sam said, showing off his guns. "But seriously, there's a song I chose that I think really explains the deeper meaning behind me choice." As he sang, "I Can Go The Distance," the girls gave me teasing looks. 

"Hercules and Megara," Marley told me when Sam was done. "How cute?"

"Wait, what?" asked Jake, confused.

"Julie had just decided on Megara," Tina announced.

I blushed and Sam smiled as he took a seat next to me. "Really?" he asked. I nodded and looked down, feeling all eyes on me.

"I have also chosen a character," Tina said as she went up to the front. "I have chosen to stay as Mulan. And here's why." She sang "Reflection" and I wasn't really sure what her deal was but I didn't question it. I just clapped.

"I'm going to be Pinocchio," said Rory, "because he learned from his lies and became a real boy."

"And I will be Alice," said Sugar, "instead of the Queen of Hearts. She's lost and makes a lot of dumb choices but at least she's got heart."