Chapter 9 ¤ Boys

"G-gu-guys..."

"Yes Mi?" Vic said coming up to the frozen-in-place Mia.

Mia just kept looking forward, her eyes glued to something, more like someone. Vic and Seleen both followed her line of sight and smiled knowingly.

A couple feet in front of them was the baseball team, bathing dogs and cats, shirts off and abs glistening with the water being splashed around.

"Mia, don't get wet,"

"Oh wait,"

"Too late." Seleen and Vic giggled. Mia didn't even react, she still stood there like a statue.

"Yo Mia, just go up to him. Don't ditch him, you might be nervous but it'll disappear once you hang with him. It's like any other day you hang with him, trust." Hunter said patting Mia's back. "Now go get your guy, dude."

And just like that Hunter hooked both, Vic's and Seleen's, arms with his and went off. Mia gulped and looked around, a couple girls were giggling while looking at the baseball guys, while others went up to flirt with them. But what really made her react and go up to Frankie, was when this one girl went up to Frankie and was clearly flirting with him.

"And all those games must really be a-"

"Hey there Frankie." Mia said loudly enough for the boy to hear.

A smile instantly appeared on his face as he turned around and faced Mia. His muscular back side now facing the girl he instantly forgot about once Mia showed up. The only bad thing about him facing Mia now, was that his front side was even more well built and the water going down his chest from the dog he had just been washing made his skin shine.

"Mia! Hey there- Whoa, you look absolutely beautiful."

"T-thank you." Frankie seemed to remember something and quickly grabbed a rag wiping off the water from his front and putting on a shirt.

"I wanted to show you something, but where did I leave it?" He ran his fingers through his hair as he thought. "Oh yeah! Come with me."

Frankie put out his hand for Mia to grab and kissed the back of her's proceeding to intertwining their fingers. To say a couple butterflies appeared in her stomach was an understatement, if it was possible all the monarch butterflies migrating decided to stop by.

Moving past all the people, Mia spotted Hunter, Vic and Seleen eating some ice cream. Hunter made eye contact with her and gave her a thumbs up.

"So you know how we only washing dogs and cats as a way to raise money for the animal shelter and for our team, right?"

"Yeah, and it's amazing too. I hate seeing those poor creatures in bad places."

"As well I do. Which is why I know, well think, you were gonna like this, and maybe you won't but if you don't like it we could always do something else, and I mean you already have experience and I thought this would also be good so we could spend some more time together-"

Mia cut the boy's rambling with a quick kiss to his cheek which left them both blushing.

"I'm sure whatever it is, I'll enjoy as long as I'm with you." And Mia was sure she heard Seleen in the back of her head awing.

"And I know I enjoy anything as long as I'm with you as well." The moment was good enough for Frankie to kiss Mia, as in an actual kiss, but he wanted it to be even more special. So instead he kissed her cheek.

"So what did you wanna show me?" Mia said softly.

"There's this puppy, my sis let me have him, and he's got a special condition. He was going to be put down this week since no one wanted him, and I didn't want him to be put through that without having him experience life and love from someone."