Chapter 3

As Camila kept walking through the forest, Mud scouted ahead. They were reaching the end of the forest and the start of civilization. But Camila really didn't want to be around other people at the moment so she kept walking around the small area.

She was so deep in thought that she didn't notice Mud stopped in front of her and she tripped, almost falling to the floor if it wasn't for two strong arms that caught her.

"Whoa there. You alri- Camila?" The woman looked up once hearing her name, eyes widening.

"Michael? Oh my goodness, Clifford!" She jumped up into his arms as he spun them around. Mud didn't like their interaction and started lowly growling at him.

"Hey there bud. He doesn't bite does he?" Michael said tentatively as he set Camila down.

"Only if he sees someone hurt us, or on command. Mud hush boy." But Mud didn't stop, instead he got a few steps away from them both, still lowly growling. "So nice to bump into you, but I never imagined we would see each other again like this." They both laughed.

"Yeah, me neither. But hey, how about we keep walking and catch up. I was just walking to get my mind off things."

"Sure, we could head back to my house." Michael nodded and Camila led the way. As for Mud, he walked behind them, making disapproving noises when Michael made Camila laugh or had any physical contact with her.

When they reached Camila's house, Michael bid her a good day not wanting to go inside because he was afraid the big dog would do something. Camila thought no one saw her leave, Lauren was now sleeping on the couch while the TV was still on.

Smiling at her wife, Camila turned off the TV and kissed her forehead before going upstairs and doing her daily night routine to get ready to sleep.

****
Lauren sleeping on the couch so her wife wouldn't feel uncomfortable is how they spent two nights, while Camila was locked in their room. Since the older woman was off of work for a few days, she tried a couple things to get Camila to talk to her, but nothing worked.

"Camz, please just let me at least be in there with you. You haven't spoken to me in two days, I miss your beautiful voice. I miss my kisses-just-beacuse-I-feel-like-it, I miss you." Lauren said sitting on one side of the door. "Please let me in."

Camila was just sitting on the bed, thinking like she had been. She knew she should allow Lauren to come in their room, even if she wouldn't try anything but something in Camila felt as if Austin was watching, and she didn't want to think about him and what he may be planning to hurt her family.

"Hey there mama." Mia said coming home from school.

"Hi there nugget. How was school?"

"Good I guess." Lauren stood up and gave her youngest daughter a hug and a kiss on the forehead.

"And why is that baby?"

"Just a bit of drama, I can get over it though."

"Are you sure, because if you need anyone to talk t-"

"I know mama, I have you always. Don't worry about me, there's someone else you should worry about." Mia reassured and nodded towards the door. "Is mami doing better?"

"No, she won't let me in still."

"She'll come through eventually. I love you mami Cami!" The younger twin said loud enough for her other mother to hear.

"Besides who can resist pizza?" Luna showed up saying. "Mami, someone is here to see you! Said something about wanting to see his lesbro or something like that!" Lauren turned to Luna and furrowed her eyebrows.