Jasmine

The movie premiere was a success with everyone. Us being a couple has spread like a wild fire. I had to turn all my notifications off from social media. So many people want interviews and us to promote their brand, wear their clothes, use their products. Fame was just getting crazy but I think it's crazier now.

"Gave you a chance to prove that I could trust you again." I sing along to Beyoncé song All Night. "What's up songbird?" I jump clutching my heart. "You can't just walk in on me like that." August laughs, "My bad... what you doing?" He asks walking up behind me.

"Making myself something to eat. Can you backup a bit?" He steps over to the side and stands there beside me. "It smells good."

"It ought to taste good as well."

"I want some."

My phone rings. "Can you grab that?" I ask August. He grabs it and looks down at it. "Hello?" I answer putting it to my ear. "Where you at?" Jay asks. "At the house." I answer. "Alright cool."

"That's all you wanted?" I ask. "Yeah."

"Alright then."

"You've had water and your vitamins today?"

"Yeah I'm about to eat now."

"Okay." We hang up and I sit the phone down about to make my plate. I go to grab some plates but August did that already. "Thanks."

I sit some wings on his plate and then mine. "If you say something about anything green I'm kicking you out." He laughs, "I'm looking out for you and our child when I do that. It's good for you."

"It's all about chickens wings right now. Don't ruin our vibe." He shakes his head, "You some else." I sit down on the sofa with my plate and bottle of lemon pepper seasoning. I cut the tv on and tmz is on. August sits beside me. "I know her." August says looking at the tv.

"Be my plug."

"You wanna work with her?"

"Duh, I just told you to be my plug."

"I'll mention it to her."

"Forreal?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you." I smile. "You're welcome. You told your aunt about the baby?" He asks. "Yeah, kinda had too. She had a dream about fish."

"That shit is real?"

"Apparently so."

He laughs, "Never knew that."

"Have you told anyone?" He shakes his head no. "Not yet. I'm not sure how to say anything. I haven't even told Jerrell."

"Myesha told me y'all were best friends."

"We still are. We just rocked real heavy way back."

"Before Arielle got into the picture."

"Some like that."

"Hm. So how does that work with you two?"

"How does what work?"

"Your marriage and work."

"It just does, I don't know how to explain it."

"That doesn't cause any problems?"

"It can but nothing too major. I don't have to say much just shit like let's drop it or can we talk about it later. It's over then."

"Oh okay. So why don't people know you're married."

"One I don't want everyone knowing my business two it's better for my image to appear as a bachelor well until we got together."

"So how did you expect me to know you were married then?"

"Months later and we're still on this." He sighs.

"Never mind then." I finish eating my food and sit there silently. "Jas." I look over at him. "When we're together let's just pretend Arielle doesn't exist alright?"

"That's impossible August but whatever you say." How could he even do that? Maybe that's what he's telling himself to do this whole thing while we're together. I don't get it but maybe it's not for me to get. I have a child I should be focusing on not him and Arielle.

I look over at him. He appears deep in thought but the way he's licking his lips. What is he thinking about? I get up and walk into the kitchen. This tingling needs to go away. Think of something else Jasmine.

Think happy thoughts. That would make me happy as hell. No, no, no. This battle in my mind isn't helping anything. I need to do something to release this tension. I sit my leftover wings back in the container. I turn around and I'm face to face with August. "You have got to stop just walking up on me like that."

"Thought you heard me walk in."

"No I didn't." He smells so good. His hand tilts my face towards his. "This isn't good for me right now." I try moving my face but he does the same thing again. He leans down and every move I make he matches my movement. I shouldn't be kissing him but damn. We walk up the stairs to the room.

He grabs my legs. picking me up sitting me on the dresser. "You want it?" He whispers in my ear before kissing on my neck. "Mmm. I can't." I say almost breathless. His hand reaches up my dress. "August.."

He reaches my soaking core. "Damn." He mumbles. "Aug-" the speed of his fingers increase. "I can't do this." He says removing his fingers. He unbuckles his pants and doesn't give me a chance to brace myself. "Fuck."

I throw my head back. "Take it." August says stroking. I'm trying conceal my moans but fuck he's hitting all the right spots.

"Shit." We both release in sync. I lean back panting. "I needed that so bad."

"Me too." He stands there still inside of me. He slowly slides out. I get off the dresser, "I'm going downstairs." I walk down and sit on the sofa. They took much energy out of me. "Knock, knock." Jay says walking inside. I straighten up. "What's up?"

August walks down the steps. "I didn't know you was here." Jay says looking back and forth from me to August. "Yeah just came over to see bout Jas." He sits beside me. "Cool. Ari is on the way. We have to discuss you two upcoming events."

We both nod our head. "Okay what's going on?" Jay asks. "What you mean?"

"You haven't stopped smiling since he walked down the stairs."

"We were upstairs laughing and talking, the joke he said came back into mind when I saw him. Sue me for smiling."

"Sure Jas."

"Yeah. Oh August knows Yonna. He's going to see about hooking us up."

"That's what's up!" Jay says walking out the door. "Let me do that now." August pulls out his phone. "Hello.... What's up Yonna... I'm good... ha. Yeah it went good. So my girl wants to work with you... Aw forreal??? She'll love to hear that.. alright hit me back later." He Hangs up.

"Soooo?"

"She had her manager trying to get in touch with you because she wants to work with you. When her manager couldn't get anything she DM'd you personally on Instagram."

"You're the best!"

"You pretty good too." I laugh mushing him. "Girl." He grabs my hands. "Stop playing August." He mocks me. "You stop."

"Make me stop." He kisses my lips and it feel just as magical as the one from earlier. The door handle moves and we break a part quickly. If Jay walked in on us I wonder ever hear the end of it. "What's up Jasmine? Hey baby." Arielle says. "What's up baby?"

"Hey Arielle." I say getting up. I walk over to the kitchen and grab wings. I heat them up in the microwave. "Let's get to business shall we." Jay says.