August

As I hold Taylor in my arms, nothing else matters in this moment. Staring into her eyes I see perfection. All the shit that's wrong or ain't ever went right in my life doesn't matter. This the reason I'm here right now.

My beautiful moment is interrupted by my phone ringing. "What's up?" I answer annoyed. "Where are you?"

"The hospital with Jas and Taylor."

"Okay August."

"Let's meet up later."

"For what? So we can talk about the $105,000 you spent on a house?"

"I can spend my money however I choose to. Either meet up with me or accept the divorce papers once they're served to you."

"Divorce?! Are you serious right now August?!"

"I'll see you later Ari." I hang up and look down at Taylor. Taylor Alsina. "Divorce papers August?" Jasmine asks. "I've had them drawn for a year now." I confess. I told her shit was going on way before she was in the picture. "Really?" I nod my head yes.

"If we agree to go mutually then she can keep the house- all her stuff, her car, and 15 million. If she contests it then I don't know. But I have something for us."

"What is it?"

"You'll see later."

I've had Jerrell and Myesha moving Jas and Taylor  things out and into a new location. A new location to really call ours.

I cradle Taylor in my arms some more and as bad as I don't want to leave I need to get this shit over with it's been long enough. "I'll be back in a bit. I'm bout to go meet up with Arielle." I say to Jas. "Alright." I kiss her forehead and Taylor's then grab my keys and proceed out the door.

I hit Jerrell name as I pull out the parking deck. "What's up woe?" He says answering. "Where you woe?"

"The crib. Why, what's up?"

"I'm 'bout to go do this shit with Arielle. I need to swing by and get those papers."

"I'll get them out for you. Where you?"

"I just left the hospital. I'll be over there shortly."

"Bet! How Lil mama?" I chuckle, "She's perfect."

"We'll be up there later. You know Myesha itching to be there now." I laugh, "Yeah I know. I'll be to you soon."

After picking up the papers from Jerrell I walk into the restaurant Arielle chose. "What's up?"

"Don't speak to me as if everything is cool August. What you mean divorce papers?! Are you serious?" I sigh looking around as other patrons look at us. "You gone be this loud while we sitting here in front of all these people?"

"Fuck that August. You listened to me pour my heart to you and this is what I get? For trying to give us a chance to bounce back? I know I should've been better but you aren't innocent either. You weren't there August. Your mind and soul was always somewhere else. Who is she? Is it Jasmine? That's your baby, right? I saw the video from her concert. Was that your way of letting the world know? You let that bitch stay in our home? You deadass disrespected me as your wife and those vows we took." She chuckles, "I didn't even care after I saw all of that I was still willing to forgive you and to try to fight for our marriage but you don't even care. You want to end it all right here. Right now."

"Arielle I don't have anything left in me to fight for this marriage. I tried a long time ago when shit starting going left but you didn't. I could've left you then but I didn't. Look at the dates if you don't believe me." I sit the papers in front of her, "I used to be stressed as fuck on how I was going to tell you everything well here goes.... I got at Jasmine a few times after we linked up in the studio. She ain't know I was married until her party. She was pregnant by me. We have a little girl together now. It wasn't all about the sex either. She understood where I was coming from. She didn't shut me out. She didn't hide things from me. She makes time for me. I didn't expect for fall in love with her. It just happened on it's on. The music shit, that increased our chemistry more. During all this time it just so happened that the more faded we became the more vivid things become with Jas. I apologize to you for all the shit I contributed to the failure of this marriage. I can't do it anymore. I can't be what you need me to be anymore. I just can't. It's sad as hell but it is what it is."

I know it's hurting her like hell to sit and listen to this shit. I can't imagine the pain she must feel hearing how I fell out of love with her, how I love another woman, how I honestly don't give a damn anymore. I don't regret shit and she doesn't deserve a nigga who could careless about his relationship. "Wow. August."

"I'm sorry Arielle but I can't fake this happiness anymore. I can't fake like I care anymore. This probably sounds heartless as shit but damn. I wish you the best in everything. This is what's laid out for you, you can take it or you can contest it. I'll be by to get what's left of my things or you know what... Keep them use them to get your anger out."

I get up and walk out. Walking to my car I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Smiling to myself I get inside and back up to the hospital.

***

Walking inside the room I see Jasmine feeding Taylor and the room is filled with stuff. I know that's Myesha's doing. "How did it go?" Jasmine asks.

"It wasn't easy for her but it's done. She knows everything."

"How you feeling?"

"I'm feeling like a new man. I'm happy. I have you, I have Taylor, what more does a man need? I love you Jasmine Taylor."

"I love you August."

I sit down and enjoy the rest of the day with my girls. Who knows what could happen next? I got my girls, is a new home to call ours, and an endless amount of opportunity to do things right with no secrets.