Chapter 13

Ashton's P.O.V.

"Hi! Its Luke, I can't come to the phone now so leave a message and I'll call you as soon as I can."

"Hey, Luke. Its Ashton again, of course you already know that. Listen Luke, I think we should talk about what happened yesterday. I really do like you, just please talk to me." I sent the voicemail then put my phone away.

I've been calling Luke since last night, I have called him for about at least 50 times. But he hasn't returned any of my calls or text messages.

I know he has heard them, and from what happened last night, he won't answer me back.

I just don't understand what happened and what made him think that.

I tried calling Luke again but like always, it goes to voicemail. I just hung up and threw my phone on the bed. I laid down and rubbed my head. Luke is never going to talk to me again, he leaves in three days, what am I suppose to do. I have screwed up again, but I don't know what I did this time.

I shot up as soon as I heard my phone ring, hoping it was Luke. I frowned when I saw that it was Emily.

"Hey babe." I said trying to sound happy.

"Hey Ash, you wanna hang out today. I came back from my dad's yesterday."

"Yea, of course. I'll be there in 15, be ready by then."

"Alright, see you soon. I love you baby." She said.

"Love you too, Em" I told her, then hung up the phone.

I quickly got some clothes and changed into them, then made my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, then after, I fixed my hair. When I finished, I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed a pop tart and some juice.

"Morning Ash" Michael said walking into the kitchen.

"Morning Mikey."

"Why are you dressed up for, where are you going? You gonna hang out with Luke later." Michael winked.

I frowned at the mention of Luke's name.

"Ash what's wrong?"

"Luke is mad at me. He thinks I'm messing around with him. He won't answer my calls or anything. I screwed up again but this time I don't even know what I did."

"I'll talk to him, don't worry. But where are you going?"

"I'm just going to hang out with Emily."

He nodded, "Alright, have fun!"

"Thanks." I smiled.

I grabbed my keys, and walked to the door.

"Hey Ash," Michael called out.

"Yea?"

"I just want you too know that you shouldn't worry about anything, I will try too fix it, really"

"I know you will Mikey." I told him, smiling a little.

I walked out to my car, went inside and drove to Emily's house. Emily went in, gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I thought maybe we could go out and get something to eat." I said, more as a question.

"That's perfect Ash."

I smiled at her, then faced forward and drove to Olive Garden. We went inside, asked for a table for two. After they took us too our table, they give us our menus and ask for our drinks.

"I'll have water please." I said.

"I'll have water also" Emily said.

The waiter nodded and walked away to get our drinks.

Emily and I talked for a bit until the waiter came back with our drinks. We ordered our food and waited till he came back with it.

We ate in silence, until Emily spoke up.

"Ash, you ok?"

"What? Yea I'm ok, just didn't get enough sleep" I lied.

She knows I'm lying but she just drops it.

We finished eating, then walked to the car. I drove Emily back to her house then drove back to Michael's place.

"We need to talk." Michael said, he seemed quite upset.

"Yea sure, did I do something?" I asked worriedly.

"No you didn't, Calum did though."

"Did Calum hurt you?"

"Not quite. Lets sit."

I nodded and we walked to the couch and sat down.

"What's up."

Michael sighed, "I tried talking to Luke like I said I would, but Luke wouldn't tell me anything. So I was bummed, Calum noticed and asked what's wrong. I told him, then he told me that he was the one who told Luke everything. Calum says you are no good for Luke. He thinks you are messing with him."

"What the hell."

"I told him that he has too fix this, he said he won't because he is right and that he doesn't want you to hurt Luke again. So I told him, "fine if you won't fix this, I won't talk to you."

"I guess he doesn't care though, he hasn't messaged or called me." Michael frowned.

I sat closer to Michael, "hey its ok, if he doesn't care enough to call you, then he isn't worth it."

"But I have to talk to him, he should know that what he did isn't right, I really do like Luke, and he should call you." I told Michael.

"Fine, but I'm coming too, just in case something happens."

I agreed and we went to my car and drove to Calum's house.

I knocked on the door a few times until he finally opened it.

"What the hell do you want." He glared.

"We need to talk." I told him sternly.

"I have nothing to say to you."

"Oh, but you sure do have a lot to say to Luke right?"

"Yea, and?"

"Why. Why the hell would you do that?"

"I'm protecting Luke, he doesn't deserve to get hurt, so quit it with this stupid game of yours that you say you 'like him'."

"I do!" I yelled.

"Yea of course you do."

"What did I ever do too you?! Ever since you came back you have beem giving me hate. You were not the one I hurt, it was Luke, I felt terrible about it, I've spent days crying because I never thought he would forgive me, and now that he has, you go and tell him shit! Tell me Calum, what did I ever do to you?" I cried.

"You're kidding right?" He scoffed.

I looked him confused, hurt, not knowing what he meant.

"Ashton, everything is always about you. Ashton this, Ashton that. Luke would always talk about you every single day after school. The day my mom died, I needed all of you, especially Luke since him and I were closer, but no of course you had to go do this stupid party. Luke would always drop anything just to be around you, when it was me and him, and you would call him to do something, he would leave. Then that day when you told him shit, I got so pissed off at you. I hated you so much for what you did to my best friend. And I still hate you now."

"Calum, I swear I never meant to do anything wrong. I'm so-"

"Don't come with that crap. Sorry isn't going to do anything. Go screw yourself. I'm done talking to you." He said coldly, slamming the door.

I frowned, tears running down my face, I turned to Michael, scared tha taught he was going to leave me too.

"Come here Ash" he said opening his arms.

I cried into his chest, and he rubbed my back, kept telling me everything will be ok.

All I could think about is why am I such a screw up.