Chapter 15

Ashton's P.O.V

I waited for Emily at a coffee shop. I feel horrible that after 4 years I'm going to end things. But I have too, I need to make everything right, especially with Luke.

Before I could think more about Luke, I see Emily walking my way.

I got more nervous with each step she took. I know I should have done this at home, but Michael and Calum are there and I don't want them to hear.

"Hey." She said, with a greeting smile.

"Hey." I let out nervously.

"What's wrong Ash?" She asked worriedly.

I sighed, its time I tell her, she needs to know. I can't keep hurting her.

"Em... I think we should brake up." I told her, looking anywhere but her.

It was silent for a moment, I expected her to slap me for throwing 4 years away. But she didn't, I slowly moved my eyes so that I was now staring at her, and she looked calm. Ok this made me really nervous, why is she so calm?

"Em... You ok?" I asked.

"I'm better than ok?"

I raised one of my eyebrows at her, "you're better than ok? I just broke up with you, you aren't heartbroken?" I asked still confused.

"Of course I'm a little heartbroken, but I think I know why you did it."

'Ok, she's lost it." I just stared at her with a questioning look.

I went to take a sip from my coffee when she said, "you did this for Luke right?" I spit my coffee out, wondering how the hell she knew it was about Luke.

"How did you know?" I asked shocked.

"Ashton, I got to know you for 4 years, back in high school, I saw the way you stared at Luke and I saw the way he stared at you, it was the same loving stare, but you didn't really pay attention. You still look at Luke like that." She said smiling.

"You're not mad?" I questioned her.

"Why would I be?"

"Because I broke up with you for a boy." I said in a duh tone.

"Like I said before, I'm a little heartbroken, but if you are happy with Luke, then I'm happy for you. Besides you weren't really into the relationship ever since Luke got here like two months ago."

My confused face soon turned into a huge grin, "thanks Em, you're the best. Even though you say its fine, I'm still sorry that I ended things when its been 4 years."

"Its all good, your happiness matters more." She said, giving a gesturing smile.

"So does yours." I told her.

She gave me a half smile, "so does Luke know?"

"No, actually have to be at the airport before 3:30 because that's when his plane leaves. Hopefully I make it in time before he leaves, I really need to tell him how I really feel. I don't want to keep hurting him." I said, frowning at the last part.

"Don't worry, you'll make it. And then things will go right after that. I know it will, I'm always right." She playfully said, pointing her pointer finger at my chest.

"You are right about that." I chuckled.

"I should get going." She said looking at the time on her phone.

"Yea me too." I agreed, standing up.

"Good luck." She told me, giving me once last kiss in the cheek.