How Can You Be So Sure?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dedicated to fireburning

Her story Set Fire to the Rain was sooooo goood! I just loved the whole thing. You guys should go read it because it was soooooo good.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Now that i got that out of my system, Enjoy the new chappie!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Tyler's POV~~~

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. It was the first time I had seen myself in three years, and I looked a lot different. My hair, which I had spent over an hour in the shower scrubbing and unknotting, had grown out so that it reached my mid-back instead of just past my shoulders.

My cheekbones were more pronounced, as was my collar bone, which was probably due to the fact that I was rarely fed. Before my shower, Dot had made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that inhaled in seconds. She refused to give me more, though, her logic being if you gave a starved person too much food at once, they can get sick. I didn't care if I got sick; I was just so hungry.

My skin was pale, and there were bags under my eyes from the many sleepless nights due to early nightmares. There were bruises on my arms and legs that would fade, but the scars on my back seemed uglier against my white skin.

Overall, I looked like someone who had just emerged from a long battle. Deep down, I felt like it wasn't over.

Sighing, I grabbed the clean clothes Dot had left out for me and unfolded them. I pulled on a clean pair

of panties and a black sports bra. As disgusting as it was, I hadn't had clean underwear in a while, and I just had to take a second to savor the feeling. I pulled a pair of black sweatpants on, and I slipped on a baggy, forest green t-shirt that I'm positive was a guy's shirt.

I towel-dried my hair and hung the damp towel over the shower rod to dry. I padded back down the hallway, feeling cleaner than I had in a while, and I opened the door to the bedroom in which I had awoken. That's where I was going to be staying while I was here.

I found Dot folding a shirt on my bed. She heard me enter and looked up at me with a smile. "So these are the clothes that I found that should fit you until we go shopping."

"Shopping?" I echoed. Who said anything about going shopping? I didn't think I was going to be around that long.

"Yep," she replied without further explanation. "Let's go downstairs so that I can introduce you to everyone." Before I could say anything, Dot grabbed my wrist and hauled me downstairs. We walked into the living room area and I could feel the nerves in my stomach. I know it sounds silly, but first impressions were still important to me.

"Everyone, this is Tyler," said Dot, and then she pointed to a petite red head, "That's Fae, and then those two boys over there are Rhett and Fletcher." Rhett had jet black hair that fell across his blue eyes, and Fletcher had curly light brown hair.

"Nice to meet you guys," I said shyly, and I sat down next to Dot on the couch opposite everyone else. I pulled my knees up to my chest and glanced at Dot, who was playing a game on her phone.

"How long were you in the hunters' prison?" My head snapped to look at Fae, who had asked the question.

"Uh," I said, a bit surprised, "three years."

"Damn!" she exclaimed, her eyes wide. "How the hell are you still alive?"

"Fae," said Rhett, gawking at her, "You can't say that!"

Fae cheeks turned almost as scarlet as her hair. "I am so sorry, Tyler! I just meant that I can't believe that the hunters kept you alive that long!"

"They weren't going to at first," I said quietly, and I saw everyone look at me, interested. Even Dot had put away her phone, and she turned on the cushion to look at me intently. I sighed. "A couple days after I had been captured, I had broke down and asked the leader to kill me."

"And he didn't?" asked Fletcher.

"No," I said looking down at the light scars on my wrists, "he didn't."

It was silent for a few long, awkward seconds, and my head whipped up to the doorway when I heard footsteps. Bo stood in the doorway with a pained look on his face. My wolf yipped happily as we locked eyes, and I saw the corner of his mouth twitch up into a smile.

"Can I talk to Tyler?" he asked, and I glanced back at everyone to see Dot frowning in curiosity, and Fae's eyebrow raised suggestively. My cheeks burned as I pushed myself off of the couch and walked over to Bo.

Without a word, he turned, and I followed him quickly to the kitchen. There were a couple people in there, but they took one look at me and Bo and bolted. Bo didn't seem to notice, and he opened a large stainless steel refrigerator and pulled out a pitcher of orange juice. My mouth watered at the sight.

Bo poured me a tall glass, and I started to gulp it down quickly. "Pace yourself or you'll choke," said Bo with a chuckle. I slowed down and blushed in embarrassment. Bo watched me for a moment, his face serious. "How often did they feed you?" he asked.

I lowered my cup and looked down at the tiled floor. "Every couple days. Usually just water and bread." I didn't feel like mentioning the bread had been rotten most of the time, which made me sick, or that the water was usually dirty. At even the thought, I could taste the food on my tongue, and I winced.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked, changing the subject quickly.

"Oh," he said, and he looked away, clearly thinking about what to say. I studied him for a moment. He had reddish brown hair what was effortlessly tousled and his dark eyes were conflicted. He had on a tight t-shirt, which looked like the one I had on only it was maroon. I could see his muscles.

Bo cleared his throat and I realized I had been staring at his torso. "My father is going to confer about you with his Beta tonight, and then he's going to address the pack tomorrow at the pack meeting. Then we'll know for sure what your future is."

"Okay," I said, and then I frowned. "What's a Beta?"

"It's the Alpha's second in command," he said simply.

"Oh." I thought for a moment. "What if they don't want me to stay?" Once the words burst from my lips, terrible thoughts started to flood my mind. Would I be kicked it with absolutely nothing to my name? Would I end up living in a cardboard box in an alley?

Will the hunters catch me again?

"No."

"What?" I asked, confused at the intensity and slight anger to his voice.

"No; the hunters won't catch you again." I hadn't realized I had voiced my thoughts, and I blushed. "I doubt that my dad will kick you out."

"How can you be so sure?"I asked quietly. Tears were forming in the corners of my eyes, and I could feel my cheeks growing hot. Why did he care so much? I just met Bo, and yet he seemed to have made it his personal mission to make me feel better.

"I just know."

"But-"

"Tyler." His eyes bore into mine, and I felt my heart flutter. "I just know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A bit shorter than my other chapters, I know. And no Bo POV, sorry.

But, as an apology, the pic on the side is of Bo!!!!

Also, if you guys find a song that you think fits the story (of what you've read so far) then message me a link, or post it as a comment.

So, stay tuned!

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

SHARE