Getting help... from many

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plz excuse the many errors :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Tyler's POV~~~

"Sorry," I muttered, "I didn't see you."

"It was my fault," he said stiffly, "I wasn't watching where I was going." Bo extended a hand, and I slipped mine into it. I jumped as a spark of electricity passed through us, but Bo didn't comment on it. He reached down and scooped up my papers and then handed them to me.

"I'll see you later, Tyler," Bo said, and then he was gone. I ran a hand through my hair and shook my head slightly before starting back down the hallway. I looked at my schedule to see that I had math next. I shuffled through my papers, but I couldn't find my map.

"Damn it," I muttered. I must've left it back on the ground where I had collided with Bo. I would have gone back for it, but the hallway's student traffic was pushing me one way. By the time I found my math classroom, the bell had already rung.

My math teacher didn't introduce me like my English teacher, which was something I was thankful for. She handed me a thick packet, and assigned me a seat next to a boy with short, pale blond hair who was wearing a letterman's jacket. He looked slightly familiar. I walked to the back of the classroom and set my backpack down next me and I plopped down in my seat.

"I'm Patrick." I looked up at the boy, and saw him grinning at me. He stuck out his hand, and I shook it, my mouth forming a small smile.

"Tyler," I replied. "Nice to meet you, Patrick."

"Technically, you already have met me," he said with a quiet chuckle. I shot him a confused look. "We met briefly a couple days ago. I'm in the pack."

Realization hit me, and I blushed. "I'm so sorry! I didn't recognize you."

"It's fine," he said dismissively, "We only talked for a minute before Bo's little sister stole you away." There was a hint of bitterness in his voice, and I noticed a dark emotion flash through his eyes, but I just shrugged it off.

The teacher, Mrs. Cross, resumed her lesson, and ten minutes later, she told us to work on a certain problem with our partners. The problem with that was, I had no idea what to do. She had talked about all these formulas and algorithms like we were supposed to know what they were, but I was clueless.

Patrick started reading the problem and working, whereas I just stared at the paper. I felt embarrassed, defeated, and heartbroken, and I could feel tears threatening to spill.

"Shit!" my head snapped around to glance at Patrick. He was looking at me, and his eyes were wide, like he had remembered something. "I completely forgot. You're totally lost, aren't you?"

"Yeah," I replied, surprised. Patrick scooted his chair closer to mine and started to explain what we were doing in full detail. Just as class ended, I found myself starting to understand what I was supposed to be doing. "Thanks, that really helped," I told him, as we packed up out things.

"No problem," said Patrick with a shrug. "If you want, I could help you catch up back at the pack house."

"That would be awesome, actually," I said genuinely. "I really need the help, as you can tell." Patrick chuckled as we walked out of the classroom together, and we stood outside in the middle of the hallway as other students surged around us.

"What do you have next?" he asked, and I pulled my schedule out of my back pocket.

"I have gym," I said, and I made a face. "I saw the gym locker rooms on the way in, so I know where those are. I'll see you later, Patrick." I turned and walked back to where I had seen the stairs, and I made my way to the first floor of the school.