s i x

Ava's P.O.V

*"No, no, no." I kept repeating, my heart pounding in my chest, feeling like it will fly out at any second. "Stiles! Please! Please!" I shouted, running over to him. My bare feet slamming against the cement as I ran to my lifeless looking brother, I fell to the ground next to him. Desperately checking for a pulse- there was none.

The guy who was driving the car ran over, "you did this!" I screamed at him, I looked at the guy, at first his face was fuzzy but then it became clear. It was Andrew. "You killed him!" I yelled, getting up and repeatedly punching his chest, screaming profanities at him, all while I was sobbing. I felt someone shaking my shoulders, "Ava!" I heard faintly.*

I woke up with a scream ripping out of me. I tried to move but I felt arms around me, "let go of me!" I shouted not bothering to see who it was. "Ava, calm down." I heard my Dad say, "calm down." He repeated, shortly after I broke out into a sobbing mess. "Stiles, where is he?" I asked, pulling myself out of my Dads arms, I ran to Stiles' room and didn't see him. "Stiles!" I shouted, feeling more and more terrified, trying to convince myself it was just a dream, but I need to see him to be sure.

"He's not home yet." My dad told me softly, hugging me as I cried. "Whatever it was, it was just a dream." He whispered, holding me tightly so I couldn't run off again. "Why the hell are the lights still on?" I heard faintly from downstairs, followed by the front door shutting. "Stiles?" My dad called out, I didn't budge until I heard a response. "Yeah!" He shouted. My dad let me go and I ran as fast as possible down the stairs.

"Stiles." I cried out in relief, seeing him in the living room, I felt a sense of gratitude wash over me as he looked at me. Instantly freaking out because I was still crying. "Ava? What's wrong?" He asked, rushing over to me. I hugged him as tightly as I could, "I had a dream- you- you died." I managed to let out as I stood there with him. "Oh, no. No, I'm not going anywhere." He assured me, holding me in place as I started to calm down.

"Ava, honey. You should go back to bed." My dad told me, placing a hand on my shoulder, I nodded slowly, finally pulling myself off of Stiles, the shoulder area of his shirt now being soaked in tears. I walked off, leaving them there as I wiped away the last of my tears.

I was just about to drift off again when I heard my door open slowly, I kept my eyes shut. Thinking it was just my dad checking in on me. "Love you, Ava." I heard Stiles whisper, kissing my forehead quickly before leaving. I smiled to myself, falling back asleep, this time not having anymore bad dreams.

***

I forced myself to keep going, even though my legs were on fire. The rough terrain of the woods making it more difficult to run. I gave in to my burning legs and sat down on the giant rock, taking a giant sip of water as I caught my breath.

I froze hearing a tree branch snap behind me, I rose to my feet turning quickly, preparing myself for anything, "boo." Someone whispered in my ear. I reacted by hitting the person as best as I could. Once I got a chance to focus on the person, I saw Theo holding his jaw in shock. "Oh my god." I breathed out, "what's wrong with you!?" I scolded him, nonetheless, removing his hand from his jaw and looking at it.

I let out a laugh, knowing it's gonna hurt for a couple of days. "I didn't think you would punch me!" He defended himself. scowling at the pain on the left side of his face. "Well don't scare the Sheriff's daughter half to death in the middle of the woods." I told him, feeling more at ease now that my heart rate was going back to normal.

"Since when do you run?" He asked, joining me in a slow walking pace, and that's when I realized, that's why I always run into him in the woods- he runs in there like me, good to know. "When I'm stressed." I answered. He nodded, glancing at me for a second, "so I was wondering.." He trailed off, "do I get a second date or?" He finished off, a small smile on his face. "Well, lets see, I didn't go running for the hills when you scared me. So that's a good sign." I teased him, he raised an eyebrow. "Ava Stilinski, will you do me the honor of having a second date?" He asked.

I stopped and placed a hand on my chin in a thinking motion, "yes." I told him, making him silently cheer as he punched the air. I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my head, laughing at his behavior.

"I should really start heading back home." I sighed, finding a way outside of the woods. I looked up and saw that it came right out onto the road, I froze, having flashbacks of my dream. The loud engine, the look of horror on Stiles face, I even pictured myself running out to him.

I jumped feeling a hand on my shoulder, "Ava, what's wrong?" Theo asked, standing in front of me, blocking my view of the road, I snapped out of my daze and looked at him. "I don't want to talk about it." I answered softly, moving myself out of his soft grip. I heard him following behind me, "just let me walk you home, okay?" He asked, I thought about it for a second. It's probably best, I'm in no frame of mind to walk all that way by myself.

"Alright." I responded to him.