Galty - Godfather and Serial Killer

Town of Salem AU

Galm:

These trials...You'd think they'd stop. They haven't had any results from them. They haven't caught any of the people they've wanted. All they've managed is to kill their own people.
"Is it done?" I ask as Chilled, one of my mafiosos, returns. I watch him roll his eyes, "Have I ever failed you before?" "Yep," Tom says from behind him as he leans on his mop. "You weren't able to kill the jailor." Chilled glares at him, "The fucking doctor healed him, alright!" I sigh, "Who ever that doctor is, has been causing us trouble. Unfortunately he hasn't revealed himself, so there's nothing we can do." I pause for a moment to look at my clock, which says  it's 5:14 am. "You two should head off, we don't want to appear suspicious."

As the clock strikes 8:50 I stand up and make my way out of my house and to the center of town.
"God dammit," I mumble to myself while glaring at Chilled, as I see the investigator leave his house.
When my neighbour, Smarty, finally shows up, the mayor starts to speak, obviously annoyed. "Does anyone have anything new to report?" It's silent for a moment before the investigator speaks up, "I was attacked last night, I also have some information for the town." "Go ahead," the mayor says. "I investigated Smarty last night. He works with knieves."
I look at Smarty quickly to see a panicked look in his eyes. He must be the doctor. There's no way he's the killer.
"Do you have anything to say Smarty?" The mayor questions. "I-I'm the doctor," he says quickly, confirming my thoughts. I don't really want to kill Smarty, I know he's never voted guilty...And he's kinda cute as well.

Smarty:

I can feel someone stareing at me, so I look around. My eyes finally meet Galms. Why would he be looking at me...Unless he's a member of the mafia, but he's too nice for that. We've only spoken a few times, but he's never been mean to me. Unlike most of the town. I'm suprised the mayor didn't question me further, I know he doesn't like me.

Galm:

I stare at the wall, so deep in thought that I don't realise Chilled is here until Tom shoves his mop into my face. I quickly look up, while pushing the mop away, to meet his eyes, "What?" Chilled rolls his eyes, "We want to know who we're attacking tonight." I glare at him, "You two are not attacking anyone tonight, I am." "Why?" Tom says quickly. "Hm...Well as I recall you two failed to kill your target last night. So I'm going out tonight."

Smarty:

I can't sleep I don't know why I can't, I guess I feel like after falsely claiming doctor someone will come after me.
I sigh and crawl out of bed. I walk to the kitchen and pick up a green apple. (This is the only kind of apple...Well the only good kind) I take a bite of the apple and let my mind wander while enjoying the sourness of it. Most of what I think about is my childhood.
The reason the town hates me is that I'm gay. I'm not sure how they found out, or if they just assumed it. But it's hard to deal with this every day. That's why I kill.

Galm:

I watch through the window as Smarty stares out another window at the stars. I'm hesitant to do this, he takes so much crap from the town each day. The saddest part is that the one who started this, the mayor, is his father. The mafia only exists because of this towns hatred for people who are diffrent. We want to stop that hatred.
I'm brought out of my thoughts as Smarty shakes his head and walks back to where his room is. Extinguishing the only candle, plunging the room into darkness once again. I go to his back door and quietly pick the lock. Stepping inside I slowly close the door behind me, and pull out my gun. When I'm almost at his door I step on a loose board.

Smarty:

As soon as I hear a board squeak I jump, with bit of panic shooting through my mind knowing that someone is in my house. I quickly grab my knife putting it in my pocket, and calling out, "H-Hello?"
I stand up from where I was sitting on my bed, and walk to the door. I grab the handle of my knife and slowly open the door.
I look to the left, when I see nothing I turn to the right, only to find myself stareing at the barrel of a revolver. "Hello doctor," I hear the figure, who I can now identify as Galm, say. "You've been causing my people a lot of trouble lately, and we don't appreciate it." "Galm," I whisper, "Your mafia?" I could attack him, but I don't really have anything against him. He looks me in the eye before speaking. "I am the Godfather." I feel my eyes widen, "B-But you're too nice for that!" I hear him chuckle with a grin on his face. "Ya know, I thought the same about you, but now that I see you with that bloodstained knife. I realise that you're very far from being innocent."
He brings the gun to his side, but keeps it out. I hesitate for a moment but stick my knife into my pocket. I won't deny that I'm afraid of him at this moment. He has a gun while I just have a knife.

Galm:

I can't believe this, Smarty is the killer. Maybe I could get him on our side...
"Smarty?" I say softly, trying not to scare him further. I can see the fear in his eyes, which keep darting to my gun. "W-What do y-you want?" He asks with his eyes trained on the gun.
I sigh and put the gun away. I wait for him to relax a bit before speaking, "Why do you kill?" I see a tear run down his cheek before he responds. "I hate how they treat me...Hell, I hate how they treat anyone who don't do or act as they say."
So, I do have a chance to get him onto our side. "You know...My father formed the mafia for the same reason. You could join us." He hesitates and looks up to meet my eyes before responding to me, "Can I think about it?" I smile, "Of course."

Smarty:

I don't really want to go to the meeting today, but I know I have to. I can't risk being more suspicious then I already am. Besides, I do have to tell Galm that I accept his offer.
I stand on the edge of the meeting. Trying not to think about what's going on. I only begin to pay attention when I hear my name. I look up quickly to meet the mayors eyes. "Your not going to answer?" My eyes widen. "Shit," I curse under my breath realising that I'm being accused of something.
The mayor waits for about 5 seconds before nodding towards the executioner to signal for him to bring me onto the stand. Which I stand on not really knowing what to do. "Anyone going to defend him?" The mayor asks, thinking that no one will.
"He was with me last night. There's no way he could of done that." I hear a voice say. I look towards the source of the voice to meet Galms beautiful brown eyes, which are full of concern. I can also see the annoyed look in the mayor's eyes. I refuse to call that bastard my father. Not after he has shunned me for so many years.
"Thank you," I whisper softly as I stand next to him, "And I accept your offer." He gives me a warm smile, "Come to my house after sundown to meet the others." I feel the smile on my own face grow as I nod. Knowing that I won't regret this decision.