Chapter 6

All rights go to the amazing mind that is Cassandra Clare for all the characters in this story.

Clary's POV

Me and Isabelle sat in her room for a little while longer before we went looking for Alec and Jace. "Maybe we should actually give you the tour now." Iz said. "You know, show you around the place."

"Well, that would have been a good idea if you hadn't stole her away to your room." Alec said. We looked up as he and Jace walked over.

"Well, like I said, her top is to die for." Isabelle laughed. We all started walking around the building.

"Is it just you three and Hodge living here then?" I asked. They all looked back at me.

"We have our parents and little brother here sometimes too but they are mostly away in Idris." Isabelle told me. I nodded. "Here we come to everyones favourite room." Isabelle said as she stopped. I looked inside the room and saw the hundreds of weapons lacing the walls. My face turned to a big smirk.

"Nice." I said, walking in and over to one of the tables in the room. Everyone followed me in. I picked up a silver plated dagger with an obsidian handle and spun it around in my hands. I put down the dagger and walked over to a sword. I picked it up and balanced it, testing the weight. "Almost perfect." I said.

"Have you ever actually killed any demons?" Jace asked to my surprise. Then I realised what he had said and laughed. They all frowned at me.

"You're kidding, right?" I asked with a smirk.

"I'm kind of interested myself." Isabelle said. I put down the sword and faced them.

"Only a few more than you I'm sure." I said, walking past the out the room, we walked the corridor.

"How many then?" Alec asked.

"I don't know why you're suddenly so interested." I smirked looking back at them. They all stared at me, telling me to go on. I stopped and turned to them, my face going serious. They seemed to notice.

"How many?" Jace asked. I looked to the floor then back up.

"Hundreds." I said, they all stared in awe. I started to walk again, they fell into step with me.

"That's amazing." Isabelle said excitedly. Alec smiled along with her.

"That's so wrong." Jace said. "That's like me killing hundreds of Shadowhunters. I mean it does us a favour but... Wow." Jace turned around, only now realising that me, Alec and Isabelle had stopped. I was shocked by what he had said and Alec and Izzy clearly hadn't been expecting it either. Not that I knew why I was shocked. It was just the sort of arrogant thing he would say. He seemed to realise what he had done. He open his mouth.

"It's fine." I said before he could speak. "Anyway. It's been a long morning, think I'll be off." I said turning around and walking away. I heard footsteps behind me.

"Clary, wait." Isabelle said. She walked with me to the door.

"Thanks for today. Tell Hodge I'll be back soon." I smirked, trying to cover my... Hurt. Well that's what it was I guess. Isabelle was about to speak but I looked to my right where I saw Jace and Alec walking over. I turned to them. Jace opened his mouth but I once again spoke before he could. "Alec. Jace." I said nodding at them before walking quickly away and out the doors. I practically ran to my car. I don't know why I didn't retaliate or give some snarky comment back, I don't know why I just smiled and said it was fine. My upset quickly turned to anger as I drove away, wanting something to kill.