Disaster- WinterWidow

Stepping into the familiar room again felt like fresh air, considering he had been stuck in a crappy hotel for the last 6 weeks on a mission. The scent of roses wisped through his nose, only one person could belong to that smell. Bucky walked through the short hall that lead the kitchen, and that is where she stood.

Scarlet straight hair falling to her shoulders, eyes focused at the task of making what seemed to be a cake as her hands pranced over the cake decorating it with various frostings and edible items. Bucky stood there leaned against the wall looking at the beautiful assassin engrossed at the strenuous task.

A smile swept onto his face, "You might want to actually be helpful and hand me that spoon" Natasha said without lifting her eyes. Bucky moved to the table where a spoon among various other objects laid on the table. He picked up the spoon and stepped towards Natasha giving it to her; she grabbed it and began smoothing out the bumpy parts of the icing.

She then carefully put the cake in the oven to bake. Bucky wrapped himself around Natasha taking in her pungent smell and warm body, his arms laced around her stomach. Natasha stopped her work and placed her hands on his own. She rested her head on his warm chest; the heat reaching her face was a comfort to Natasha. They stood there for a while, absorbed in each other's company.

They were interrupted by the beeping sound of the oven when Natasha flung herself out of Bucky's embrace rushing to the oven and opening the door. Smoke filled the room, and without warning the fire alarm rings loudly throughout the house. Bucky and Natasha squinted at the sound of the overbearing sound; suddenly the cake catches on fire. Natasha with a stunned face tries to rescue the cake, but Bucky grabs her and moves her away from the burning disaster.

With the smoke building around them, he decided that they needed to get the hell out of there before they'd choke to death. A few minutes for what seemed to be hours the firefighters arrived to deal with the flames, Bucky and Natasha who was folding her arms in annoyance and kept muttering "How can I kill a guy but can't bake a godamn cake?" Bucky tried not to laugh at Nat's frustration.

It only took a few minutes before the firefighters took care of the small oven fire, and were on the merry way. Bucky walked into the house in front of a still grumpy red haired assassin. "At least you didn't burn the house down, that's a positive" Bucky said which only earned an eyebrow raised from Natasha. "You are such a great help" she said sarcastically as she went to the kitchen to clean up.

"What did I do?" he asked with arms up in defence.

"You distracted me" she said frustratingly as she put a bowl in the sink loudly.

"Well I thought, but excuse me I might not be in my right mind because I thought you liked it" he said crossing his arms. Natasha turned to face her metal armed boyfriend with her hand on her hip; Bucky slowly walked towards her and put his hands on her waist. Natasha not looking at his eyes allowed the embrace. "So now that is over, maybe we could do something fun" he said with a raised eyebrow and a cheeky smirk, her green eyes met his blue ones and she shouldn't but she did give into those devilish eyes.

She replied with her signature smirk "But first you need at least 10 showers to even think of anything you consider 'fun'" Bucky with a wounded expression let go of her waist and backed away from Natasha. "I am hurt Natasha by your words, I feel like I just got a kick to the heart" he said mockingly.

"A kick to the heart isn't the only thing you will get if you don't get into that shower" she replied. Bucky almost racing, ran like a child to the shower in excitement while Natasha stood in the scorched kitchen sighing at the idiot she considered boyfriend.

So I think Natasha won't be baking anytime soon, and I thought this was cute. Thank you for your suggestion SereneTLW:) that was fun to write. Please vote, share, comment. Feedback is awesome and ideas are always welcome. :)

-BlackWidow1984