Blue stars: A Tokyo Mew Mew Fanfiction

Blue stars:

“Good bye, Miss Fujina!” A classroom of 14 and 15 year old children chorused.

“Good bye class!” A pretty woman with long blonde hair and kind indigo eyes gestured towards the door.

Upon this a stampede ran out the door, with the exception of a 15 year old girl, with short lilac hair and eyes to match, who simply walked. 

“Good bye, Cream!” She said in a sweet voice.  A simple “Bye,” was the reply.

Just as Cream walked out she was met by an older student jumping at her.

“Cream! Slow much? Half the school’s gone and you’re still here!” She had a green uniform and reddish-pink hair, not to mention a smirk on her face.

“Hey, Lis.” She sighed. Frenemies.

“So, I heard that some girl saw someone in that old café, know the pink one?” Cream nodded. “Yea, you want to check it out?” She had a glint in her eye, one that meant nothing but trouble.

“Why not? But let me go home first, okay? I’m really hungry!” This was met by an evil smirk. “Or maybe you’re just scared…”

“I am not, Alice!” Her voice had an annoyed tone, but that just made Alice laugh.

“Prove it!”

“Okay!”

“Then let’s go!”

“C-Cream! Ummmm… Hi… Alice…”

“Hi, Kayla!” Cream replied.

“Hey, how about you come with us to the haunted café!” Alice said in a ‘spooky’ voice.

“I-I’d rather not…” She stuttered, twirling her blonde hair nervously.

“Oh come on! Are you scared?” She crowed.

“Leave her alone! She doesn’t have to!” She defended her fiercely.

“Wow, such a dazzling friendship…” she said before turning on her heel. Cream shrugged towards Kayla and followed, now quiet.

“Well, here we are. Shall I knock?” Alice didn’t wait for an answer, she knocked five times. Footsteps, a sound they didn’t expect, were coming down the stairs.

“I’m sorry, but we’re not open for a few days, can you come back when we are?” A voice was calling from behind the door. While Alice ranted on about not being let in, Creams’ eyes wandered to the golden cat statue on the top, it was pretty, she thought to herself. It looked strong, proud, unlike her.

“I demand you let us in, now!” This was met by a sigh. “Reece, give me a hand here, yea?  You know I’m not good with the stubborn ones!” And this was met by outrage from Alice. “What?! How dare you!”

More footsteps. Faster ones. The door was opened, and they saw to their shock, they, well, Alice, had been talking to two 16 year olds.

“I’d appreciate it if you left,” The one on the right, a blonde boy, said.

“Oh, but surely a quick look wouldn’t hurt?” And with that, Alice went into flirt mode.

“I wasn’t done.” He spoke icily. “Now. I’d appreciate it if you left, now.”  And with those words, Lis had been rejected.

They were a few feet away, Alice speechless, when the door opened again. The brown haired boy called out. “Um… Cream, is it? Can you come here?” He seemed timid, as if Alice might turn into a lion and eat him. And for all anyone knew, she might have, too.

“Um… okay…” At this point Alice was too dumbfounded to complain. Shocker.

As Cream walked back, she noticed the blonde boy had disappeared. “Um… what is it?” She asked him. “Could you come with me?” He gestured to a room. Cream obliged and walked into it, the boy trailing behind her.

In the room were a lot of computers, and the blonde boy was there too. On the computer was a Polar bear, cute, she thought.

“Wait-a-second-how-do-you-know-my-name?!” Cream slurred out all in one breath.

“I-I’m sorry, but, uh, well, we’ve got this project, and uh…” He trailed off, nervously scratching the back of his neck. Cream surveyed his expression with mild interest. He seemed flighty and nervous which made her want to go give him a big hug. Tch. Society.

“Lucas, let me. I’m the one who knows what we’re doing.” He kicked the swivel seat around to face Cream. “Call me crazy, but you have unique DNA. Do you remember hearing about Tokyo Mew Mew from 30 years ago?” Cream nodded slowly. DNA? Tokyo Mew Mew? What’d this have to do with her?

“Well, your DNA, just like the Mew Mews, is able to be merged with that of a very specific animal, a red data animal. We’re planning on trying to infuse you with a Polar bear. If you accept, of course.” Cream’s head was spinning, she had unique DNA and could become a mew mew? Everyone knew Tokyo Mew Mew, but she could be one!

Lucas shifted uncertainly. “It’s not that easy, you know that, Reece. You’re gonna have to fight… well, uh, Aliens. Chimera animals. Heck, they could transform your best friend into a chimera. Are you okay with all that?” He lost his confidence and shuffled over to a chair over in the corner.

“I-it’s for the world’s sake, isn’t it?” She looked directly at Reece.

“You could say that. All we know about our situation so far is that the Aliens are back. Dad didn’t tell me much about what happened, and he still won’t… But, they’ve been threatening us and the planet with chimeras, an act of war, wouldn’t you say?” He huffed, annoyed at his father. “Idiot.”

Cream didn’t understand. She wasn’t strong, so she wouldn’t be able to help. But they seemed to think she could, and she felt she could trust Lucas, and Reece seemed to know what he was doing.

With a sigh she sat down on the floor. “I…I’ll do it.” She spoke with a determined voice, and Lucas immediately stood up and walked out, reappearing with a small golden pendant.

Reece stared at her, searching her eyes for any sign of fear or mistrust, all he saw was earnest curiosity, which made him feel bad about the transformation. “We lost my father’s infusion data, or rather, my father ‘lost’ it for us. We don’t know how it’ll work out, but we do know that it’ll hurt… a lot.” No use sugar coating things. Besides, he hated sugar, who the hell discovered it? When he found out whom, he was definitely building a time machine to go back and stop them from making the worst mistake of Reece’s life.

She shrunk a little. Pain wasn’t something she could deal with very well, that was something she was sure of.

“I, uh…”

So, first story on Wattpad. Let's see how this goes, ah? Here's hoping this doesn't flop. Tell me how I did for my first Wattpad story?

*I've done some editing throughout the book, mostly editing Cream as I changed her character just a little, so... Yepp. :3