Chapter 7-

Chapter Seven-

"Well, we may not know how, but we do know that it is the aliens causing this."

Cream tilted her head, confused. "How do we know?"

Reece frowned. "Well... Has the sky ever been purple before they turned up?"

Lucas and Cream exchanged looks and sighed. "That's true. But even then, how are we gonna stop them?"

"Don't get ahead of things. We need to find them first."

"How?"

"Could you both shut up for a second..." Reece glared at them, stupid scatterbrains getting ahead of his plans...

Apricot sat in the middle, watching the back and forward with interest. "Wow, you guys are really into this roleplaying, huh?'

"Uh-huh... It's the best, alright." Cream smiled half-heartedly, Lucas patting her on the back for moral support.

"Oh, Reece, shouldn't we just give her the pendant? Wouldn't that clear everything up?" Lucas sat up straight, excited that he might have solved a problem; meanwhile Reece just massaged his temples looking stressed.

"Right, you go do that."

As Lucas hurried off, Cream took the chance to talk to Apricot. "So, um, Apricot, what school do you go to?"

"Me? I go to Daidaiiro Junior High, it's real great! I have tons of friends there..." Her mouth moved a hundred miles an hour and Cream found herself lost. "How about you, what school d'you go to?" She grinned at Cream, snapping her back to reality.

"Haku High School..."

"Serious? I've heard of that place! Some girl's older sister goes there, her name's Luna! Do ya know her, Cream?" She leaned forward excitedly, meanwhile the purple haired girl's eye twitched slightly. Did she know her?

"Y-Yes, I suppose. She's charming." She laughed awkwardly, looking away from Apricot so she wouldn't detect her lie.

"That so? Her sis seems convinced she's an evil overlord." She let out a loud untamed laugh, nearly making Reece fall out of his chair.

"Dammit..." He grumbled, hiding his face in his hands.

Apricot gave him a look, before turning back to Cream with one eyebrow quirked. "What's with grumpy over there?"

"He gets really stressed, trying to organise the café and such." More lies.

"Ooh, really? That's sooooooo cool! Is it like, a secret base? I used to have one, ya know! It was cool, but a full-fledged café is way cool!" More obliviousness.

Which brought up something else. "Hey, Reece, when are we going to open the cafe?"

He peered up from his hands, sighing softly. "We don't exactly have a chef, remember? And Lucas isn't much good as a cook, unlike his uncle."

"Hey!" An indignant Lucas frowned as he walked in carrying a small object in his hand, which, Cream guessed, was another pendant. Personally she kept hers in her pocket, but she should probably find a better place in case it fell out or something.

"And after everything I do for you!"

"Buying microwave food? Yeah, thanks for that."

Cream stifled a giggle as Apricot filled the room with laughter, creating an even more offended looking Lucas.

"Well excuse me for being a bad cook..." He grumbled, taking his seat next to Cream once again. "Anyway, here." He held the pendant out to the energetic girl, who stared at it with curious eyes.

"Wow, it's really pretty..." She gently reached out and picked it up, examining it closely. "You guys put a lot of work into this, huh?" She smiled softly, which was a stark contrast to the wide grins she'd been throwing around.

Lucas nodded his hair moving as he did. "Yup, hold it in your palm and say 'mew Apricot, metamorphosis'." He wasn't too concerned; it had worked for Cream, so no reason for it not to now.

On top of that, unlike Cream, Apricot had no reservations when it came to yelling indoors.

"Mew Apricot, metamorphosis!" She cheered, jumping out of her chair as she did so.

Though, she was a bit surprised when she started moving without her controlling it.

She gently kissed the pendant which emitted a bright, orange glow from it, blinding the others in the room. When they could see again, she looked as if she had just landed on the ground and two ears and a tail appeared, they were stripy, and looked like they belonged to a red panda.

"Oh, wow." Cream clapped her hands happily. "You are a mew, that's a relief. You look really pretty with ears."

"Wh-whaaaaaaa-?!" She shrieked in response, spinning in a circle trying to catch her fluffy red tail. "This isn't... This is..."

"It's not a roleplay?" Reece offered helpfully.

"Y-Yeah! That one!" She stumbled over her words, facing Cream directly. "Are you a 'this' too?" She asked, pointing at her ears.

Cream nodded, eyes sparkling. "Mhmm, I'm a polar bear. I don't have to fight aliens alone anymore. Unless you don't want to! Then I guess I will fight aliens alone. Haha..." She looked to Reece for help.

He didn't help.

"Um, Lucas, how do I explain this?"

"I have no idea! She's more aware of how absurd this situation is than you were!"

"Ah, I feel like I should be offended by that..." Meanwhile, Apricot stood there, freaking out at how little the people who knew the most actually, well, knew.

That and...

"What did you say about fighting aliens?"

And it only took me four months to update.

Haha, I'm so sorry, but thank you to all you readers who read my story, and I hope you're enjoying it. ^.^ I'll try to do my best to update more frequently, but then again it's me. >.<

Ciao~

Opal