Chapter 5-

Ehhhhhh! Welcome back! Jeez this is late. But I think it's an okay chapter, at least, so there's that. :)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own and related franchise to Tokyo Mew Mew, Mew Mew power or Ala mode, the idea, characters or anything. Just me own chars.

“Hey, Reece, are you sure you put the Band-Aids in here?”

“I have no idea where they are.  Weren’t you the one who used them last?”

“Yeah, but you put them away.” Lucas whined back at him.

“Hey, is that them there?” Cream jumped up and down, attempting to reach the top shelf with her small stature.

Lucas reached up and plucked the box from the cupboard, smiling cheerfully. “Never mind, we found them!” He called out, busting the eardrums of anyone within a five foot radius. Cream quickly raised her hands to cover her ears.

“Lucas, hush. You’re too loud.” She took the box from him and made her way into the pink main room, pulling down a chair form the table. She peeled the paper backing away and stuck one of the plasters over the gouge on her arm.

Repeating the process until all her wounds were covered, she made her way towards the room she had seen the two boys go into earlier. Nearing the doorway, the smell of smoke snaked into her nose from behind the door, piquing her interest. What could those two be doing?

“Hey, what are you guys-” She cut herself off as she inhaled a lungful of smoke and broke into a coughing fit. “I-Is something burning in here?” Waving away the smoke with one hand, she carefully placed her feet as she attempted to navigate the now hazy kitchen.

“You didn’t put enough batter in, I told you!”

“Yeah, yeah…”

Batter? Could have fooled her. It smelt more like ashes and coal.

Moving a bit further into the room, she could see that she was in fact in a kitchen, which would make sense given it was a café.

“You two should hire a chef; you really don’t know what you’re doing.” Cream popped up beside them, causing Lucas to shriek.

“We were hoping we could get Lucas’ uncle to help, but he’s busy, plan-B was to get a mew to cook, but you’re in no state, so…” Reece sighed.

Cream titled her head a little. “Are there more Mews? I thought there was a whole team last time!”

Lucas recovered from his shock enough to give a clear answer. “Well, supposedly. There should be more. They should all have a mark like yours.” He pointed to a space near her collar bones, and Cream immediately titled her chin to figure what on earth he was talking about.

“What do you mean, mark?”

“That little snowflake mark, right there!”

“Where?”

“I said, right there!”

Reece turned to them with more than a little irritation, and they both shut up. “The both of you are scatterbrains.”

“You and your dad are so intolerant.” Lucas moaned unhappily, before motioning for Cream to follow him.

Cream was led back upstairs to the room full of computers she’d been in when she was turned into a mew, she looked around yet again at the dim room.

Lucas sat down at a monitor and started clicking away, pausing to point at the projector screen.  “Up there!”

Cream stared at the blank screen as it eventually burst into the bright colours akin to those of a tropical bird. Actually, she titled her head a little, it was a tropical bird, she could see the feathers, but why…

“Ah, I zoomed in!”

After some frantic clicking she could clearly see it was a macaw on the screen, a pretty green one.

“So, um, these are the red data animals we infused the mews with this time, I dunno how this’ll help, but maybe some of them will be walking around with a tail?” He rested his head in his hand, a pout on his face.

Cream watched the slide flick away, and its place was a fluffy red panda, and after that a vibrant tiger. This continued with a Sea lion, Wild dog, and finally a Polar bear.

“Are you really sure this will help me find them? I don’t think there’s anything different about me except for that one snowflake. Apparently…” She added in a mumble.

“Ummmm, ask Reece.” He smiled sheepishly; he had little more knowledge on the mew project than Cream. Not that he’d say it out loud.

Cream smiled back, but it quickly disappeared as she saw orange light glaring through the blinds. “I have to get home and start avoiding my mother, otherwise she’ll start to worry.”

Lucas felt his mouth hanging open. “But… isn’t that counterproductive?”

“Ummm… Just a little bit.”

On her way home, she found herself drifting off into a dream world, but a clapping sound from above snapped her back out of it.

“Now I can’t remember what I was thinking about…” She looked up to the sky, and found herself frowning at the purplish hue of the clouds.  That wasn’t normal, not in the least.

She shook her head, she couldn’t lag behind here or her mother really would get worried.

“Hey, Reece, does that storm cloud look normal to you?”

Reece glanced out the window. “Not really, but we don’t exactly have a way to contact Cream.”

“You’re right.” He sighed.

“Let’s just keep an eye on it.”

Cream hadn’t avoided her mother’s wrath, but she had avoided most of it, instead she had been banished to her bedroom.

Staring blankly up at the soft purple ceiling she could still hear the drumming of the thunder outside and it didn’t come as much of a surprise when she could see a flash of lightning.

She got up and rested her head on the window sill, staring out the window for something more interesting.

The sky was just as brooding and angry as it had been earlier, and the purple tint still remained. It was just enough to set her on edge, and she found herself tensing a little bit.

As she stared out, another flash of lighting cut across the sky, and Cream fell back from the window in shock.

She’d seen a shadow, floating in the sky, silhouetted in purple was what looked like an elf, with ribbons flowing around them.

“Elf…”

Cream’s eyes widened and she shot back up off the floor, panicked. “Ahhh… Ahhhhh!”  She whined, trying to keep her voice down. Was this their doing? The purple sky? They did all that?

“Oh god, what have I gotten myself into?”

~I went through and edited chapter one to three, so if there are any inconsistancies you can find, take a look back, as I tried to fix some of the ones I could see myself. Ahaha, my writing's so bad sometimes...

Thanks everyone! :)