Chapter Three

Osomatsu walked down the empty streets late that night, searching for his upset brother. He never liked having to chase after his brothers, but for some reason, he didn't mind that it was Choromatsu.

"I hope he's okay..." Osomatsu thought tiredly, looking both ways before he ran across the street to the park. "Surely he wouldn't have gone far..."

Osomatsu sighed as his eyes adjusted to the darkness in the park. There was only a single streetlamp beside a dilapidated park bench, flickering weakly in the moonlight.

It was at that moment that the lamp's light revealed Choromatsu, trembling.

"Hey!" Osomatsu yelled, running up to his brother, "what the heck is wrong with you?!"

Choromatsu looked up at his brother, tears still dripping down his cheeks. His lips quivered as if he wanted to speak, but his eyes said so much more.

Osomatsu grabbed Choromatsu by his shoulders and violently shook him.

"Snap out of it!" Osomatsu yelled, only causing Choromatsu to cry more. "What's wrong with you?! Why are you so upset?!"

"O-Osomatsu..." Choromatsu whimpered, his voice cracking just a bit.

"Stop crying and chin up," Osomatsu said with a sigh, sitting down beside his brother. "Life isn't bad you know."

Choromatsu nodded his head a little, wiping his eyes with his sleeves.

"But seriously, Choromatsu," Osomatsu said, staring his brother directly in the eye. "What's wrong? Why are you so upset?"

Choromatsu didn't say a single word. He just hung his head low, focusing on the sidewalk beneath his feet.

Osomatsu rubbed under his nose then smiled, hoping he could cheer Choromatsu up by changing the subject.

"So, how about we go to Chibita's? We haven't been in awhile," he offered.

Choromatsu nodded his head a little then sniffed.

"Well, let's go then," Osomatsu said, stretching lazily as he stood up from the bench.

Grabbing Choromatsu firmly by his wrist, Osomatsu pulled his younger brother to his feet, leading him down the street.

"Jeez.." Osomatsu thought as they walked in silence. "Does he have to act so anxious all the time? It's not like I'm going to attack him. He just keeps on crying and crying. Not to mention, he's ignoring my questions like a complete jerk."

The two stopped in front of Chibita's oden stand and sat down next to each other.

A cold wind rushed past the two of them, and Osomatsu moved a bit closer to Choromatsu.

"You idiots," Chibita snorted as he scratched behind his head. "What do you want?"

Osomatsu looked to Choromatsu, hoping his brother would at least say something. But, of course, he stayed utterly silent.

"Do you have any alcohol?" Osomatsu asked.

"Why just alcohol?" Chibita spat, giving the the two brothers two shot glasses and a bottle of Shochu.

And after an hour of eating and drinking, Choromatsu had grown so drunk that he had just completely fallen asleep.

Sighing, Osomatsu picked up Choromatsu, quickly running away from the oden stand, not paying the sleeping Chibita.

After he could no longer see the stand, Osomatsu slowed down, simply enjoying the time he was spending with Choromatsu.

"He's not really heavy," Osomatsu thought, laughing out loud a little. "he's gayer than Todomatsu then. I always thought that girls were light, but Choromatsu literally weighs nothing and he's a dude. That is...I think.."

Osomatsu stumbled towards the front door to his house, his drunkenness finally getting to him.

After he pulled open the door, still holding Choromatsu, Osomatsu staggered inside, his vision growing blurry.

"C-Choromatsu," Osomatsu muttered as kicked off his own shoes. "You're getting...heavy..."

"Osomatsu!" Todomatsu yelled running down the hallway as fast as he could, catching his eldest brother before he fell to the floor with Choromatsu.

Squealing, Todomatsu struggled to hold both of his brothers up, and he eventually gave up by gently lowering them to the floor.

"You morons..." Todomatsu said, grabbing Choromatsu from on top of Osomatsu.

Dragging the green hooded brother down the hallway and into the living room, Todomatsu lifted his lightweight brother and placed him on the green sofa.

"What were you two up two anyways..." Todomatsu said suspiciously.